Launch Control

Littlebull

Er, no. All the rolled Fabias that turn up on ebay regularly will have hit something en route, so what all that has to do with clutch and throttle control from standstill is a little beyond me... Plus, most of them don't have ESP, EBD has nothing to do with grip under acceleration, and your post is the first I've heard of any torque limit in certain gears (how would the ECU in a manual even know???) :confused:

I didn't think it was uncommon (let alone unheard of) for manufacturers to limit torque in first (and second, maybe even third?) gear :confused: as for the Fabia comment, don't get your panties in a bunch...I was having joke :rolleyes:

I didn't think it was uncommon (let alone unheard of) for manufacturers to limit torque in first (and second, maybe even third?) gear :confused: as for the Fabia comment, don't get your panties in a bunch...I was having joke :rolleyes:

Fair enough... :D

Very true :D

although my car even with its torque limiting is able to spin its wheels on demand.. yet somehow it doesnt happen every time i drive it :eek: nor does it flip/spin/understeer into a hedge.. not sure why though as it has more power and more torques than a furby (unless its a 2.0)... :confused:

having car electronics trigger during normal/spirited driving is ofen then not a case of ambition exceeding talent ;)

As said above launch control is for petrols only... my suggestion is to learn to drive correctly and know the limits of your car - electronics are for gayers :D

Says the man with the car with an ECU that limits torque in low gears :rofl: :P

well you know when in rome and all that,i was there,the 1/4 mile strip was in front of me it seemed rude not to give it a go,this probably isn't the best way to launch a car with a standard clutch,or even a sachs one tbh but the super indestructable spec has stood up to the abuse and begs for more:D

your post is the first I've heard of any torque limit in certain gears (how would the ECU in a manual even know???) :confused:

In theory, you know if the clutch is engaged, you know the RPM, and you know the road speed, so it's possible. I don't know of anything that does do it though.