road rage, scary!!

daveclayton

last night i was driving out of wakefield, infront of me there was an old shape corsa and a new shape astra. we were waiting at the lights. the corsa set off but the astra didnt, after waiting afew seconds i gave a quick beep on the horn (as id do with any car). the driver then wheel spun off whilst his girlfriend (i use the word 'girl' loosely) gave me the finger outta the window. the next set of lights was only about 300 yards away and now we were on dual carriage way. i was in the left lane behind the corsa the astra was in the right. the astra driver got out of the car and walked over, shouted a load of stuff at me then punched the window (the lights were now green). i realised that the two cars knew eachother, as the corsa started reversing towards me. they then proceded to crawl along the d/c at about 20mph. the corsa braked to get behind me (trying to box me in). the astra was now swerving infront of me so i couldnt get past. he obviously wasnt going to crash his mums car, so i dived down the outside of him, then managed to lose him from a roundabout. the whole thing has left me pretty shaken up! not like i deserved the whole thing in the first place. cant believe these people can get away with it

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scumbags. Sadly, there's nothing you can do as any attempt to defend yourself would have no doubt landed you in court....

Yet another bit of proof why it's traffic police, not scameras that make the roads safe. :mad:

Seems the custom in my town is for groups of young men to just stop traffic, blocking the road with their cars, just to shake hands and chit-chat! A few ago, one man who was being forced to wait, papped them to move them on and they came and dragged him from his car and beat him with an iron bar :eek:

Suffice to say, now when this happens, I just have to wait patiently till they are done with their chit-chatting, I value my life:finger:

go report it to the police station, even if you cant remember the reg im sure not many corsa and astra drivers drive together around the town and it will just give something for the police to look out for in case they have done it before and before they actually do use violence.

Seems the custom in my town is for groups of young men to just stop traffic, blocking the road with their cars, just to shake hands and chit-chat! A few ago, one man who was being forced to wait, papped them to move them on and they came and dragged him from his car and beat him with an iron bar :eek:

Suffice to say, now when this happens, I just have to wait patiently till they are done with their chit-chatting, I value my life:finger:

Proof that we should all buy armoured range rovers and drive them like we stole them, preferably in the direction of these people.

yeah i wasnt really looking for registration numbers to be honest, was just bothered about getting away from them. i was tempted to crush the astra driver against the back of the corsa as he walked infront of my car. but yeah, dont think it would have been too wise.

After all thats happened to me over the last month I'm still very causious when driving anywhere at the moment and have lost some confidence about being in the car to the point I would rather sit passenger and let SWMBO drive or just not go outside at all. I know I haven't been hurt and you might think I'm just being silly but road rage/violence/being attacked affect people in different ways.

There are some (&*&&(&(&(&(&)(*)(*(^^%%$ people out there that make lives difficult for everyone else. It was probably a case of they mis-took your peep on the horn to say "lights are green" for something completly different which enraged them.

But

What can you do? If you hadn't of peeped your horn the car behind you might have done and the cars in fron would probably have thought it was you anyway.

I get on really well with my next door neighbour, he's a retired chap and has lived in his house since it was built over 60years ago and I do enjoy talking to him and finding out about his passion for VW Beatles and learning about the area but I mentioned to him the other day that he must have an electrical fault as he was driving with his Sidelights and Front Fog lights on (which really annoys me :mad::mad::mad::mad:) at mid-day on a nice clear sunny day and he went off on one calling me all the names he could think of and how I shouldn't undermine his experience and knowlege etc, speaking to his wife later she told me he is very aggresive when in the car or anything todo with his car, and he openly admits that he drives without any regard to speedlimits as they are only there for the younger generation as they don't have as much experience of driving as him.

waffle waffle waffle waffle, sorry about that

Glad your OK, my advise, if someone cuts you up/pulls out in front of you/sits at green lights for ages leave them to it, try to ignore them and just have a laugh to yourself about them having the smallest d1ck in the world and then think about how they're going to end their lifes by being so dumb.

thanks matt. yeah its really has scared me! i know it sounds stupid but im actually not looking forward to driving now. i have to go collect the girlfriend from college and im sure that the same cars will be there (happened just near wakey college). i know they wont be, but still...

Glad your OK, my advise, if someone cuts you up/pulls out in front of you/sits at green lights for ages leave them to it, try to ignore them and just have a laugh to yourself about them having the smallest d1ck in the world and then think about how they're going to end their lifes by being so dumb.

I have to admit I'm bad at wanting people to hurry up and also get frustrataed at people who don't indicate etc. so I do occasionally bip the horn just to let them know they are stupid. As a result I have been the victim "road rage" where people have got out of the car and had a go at me through the window! The wife hates me doing it and has asked me to think of the kids and stop it before now - just in case someone really does take offence.

So... your advice above Matt is a cracking idea:thumbup: Thanks!

I agree with all the sentiments of "leave the idiots to it and ignore them" ...... something bad could happen....

but it ****es me off... why should we have to put up with these muppets? its a symptom of our broken sociaty, something should be done... we NEED less money spent on cameras, and more money spending on traffic police, when they are handcuffed in the back of a van, maybe they will think twice next time... as long as they get away with it, it will only get worse and worse...... why should matt be worried about going out? he's a decent productive member of sociaty, but these scroats are a cancer..... our ****ing country is going to the dogs... good people are punished, while bad people seem to get away with anything :(

A few months ago, a guy in a Ford Scorpio pullled out in front of me causing me to have to drop anchop and swerve big style to avoid a collision. Naturally I beeped my horn and flashed my lights to make him aware that occasionally other people are on the road! He then pulled into the next layby and waited for me to pass before pulling out again behind me. He then followed me for the next 10 miles, speeding up every time I did and slowing down every time I did, clearly following me. I had SWMBO in the car with me who by this time was getting quite scared, so I asked her what she wanted me to do, stop and knock severn shades out the t**t or lose him. She choose lose him so I gave it full beans down a few roads i knew and that was the last I saw of him.

Really annoyed me, because it all started with him nearly causing an accident in the first place!

Unfortunately it's not just the local chavs that hang around the nearest McDonalds car park that cause issues with other road users.

Leaving work late one night, about 10PM, I came down the slip road onto the M4 at J11 and there was a silver Merc in the inside lane, nothing else in sight. So, I accelerated knowing I had plenty of time to get out in front of him with enough space to leave a big gap between us.

The driver anticipated this and suddenly accelerated himself and drew level, holding position to stop me joining the motorway, forcing me to brake before I ran out of slip road. I joined the motorway behind him, muttering under my breath but not letting it get to me and moved out to overtake him, only for him to speed up and move out as well, even though there was nothing in front of him to overtake. I booted it past him in a slick gear change and after putting a couple of hundred yards between us, moved back into the inside lane. Seconds later he's up alongside me again ans slowing down to match my speed, just as we start approaching a truck in the inside lane. The complete and utter B*****D then decides to continue matching my speed, whether I accelerated or slowed down, preventing me from moving out to pass the truck. In all he was playing his pathetic little games for about 12 miles.

I hadn't even done anything to him, he just wanted to act like a k**b and harass others. Some people just don't deserve to be on the roads but without being able to produce witnesses there is little we can do about it.

i genuinely dont get why people do stupid things. im a great believer in, if you mess up then appologise and deal with it. i would never even dare 'bully' someone just for the sake of a cheap thrill. you wanna do that then get out of the car before you kill someone.

I admit I`m an angry driver but this is only fueled by other peoples lack of awareness and common sense. If I make a mistake (not happened for a while, touch wood) I put my hand up, nod and accept the inevitable abuse directed towards me. What really grinds my gears is when a driver disobeys the highway code causing me to swerve or slam on the brakes and then acts as if I was the driver in the wrong!!

One example of this is whilst driving up to one of those traffic calming single file bollarded things put in villages and towns. I was drving towards it knowing the fact that I had right of way to oncoming traffic. This was evident by the 5 foot road sign either side of it. I was level with the start of the single file section and a car coming the other way decided to drive through as well, we met in the middle and for some reason the opposing driver was beeping his horn, flashing his lights and gesticulating towards me to get out of the way. Naturally I didnt and neither did the 4 other cars behind me also with right of way, we were sat there for around 3 minutes as we patiently waited for the driver in the wrong to get out of the way. He lost patience then wheelspan away whilst mounting the curb to the right of me and nearly taking my front bumper off!! He got level with my window and said "what the #### or you playing at you ###### i was there first. #### #### ######!!!!"

I was shocked beyond belief at his behavior!!!

Sorry for the rant and lack of correct punctuation :)

Yes, but they weren't speeding through a scamera trap, so they obviously weren't causing any hazard. How many times do you people need to be told? :rolleyes:

Yep - they weren't speeding -therefore not driving /acting dangerously - and difficult to get any conviction for .

Sadly that's the view of our politicians and the looney left today.Fortunately another site I visit has live BIB on it and their views surprisingly co incide with views as above .

Next time you meet an MP/County councillor obsessed with the "speed kills " message , make him/her repeat 1000 times "cameras do not detect dangerous road users".

Of course there is a simple solution to getting more police back on the roads - use you're vote at the next set of local elections to get rid of the anti motoring brigade .They in turn back/HELP SELECT the local MP.

Something similar happened to me a few weeks back. I was stopped at lights and the car behind me switched into the lane that I was in and got out, walking towards me.

Now Im only a small bloke so I didnt fancy my chances so I floored it away from him.

He then followed me and tried to run me off the road until I managed to lose him in a residential area & then garaged the car so he didnt find it.

Scary stuff when it happens.

Edited by PEMBO

i must admit i get annoyed at other drivers when they cut me up etc but iv been n that situation before n i jst got out n smacked the bloke that hit my car, but the best thing 2 do is when sum1 is up ya **** slam ur brakes on coz if they go n the bk of u, its their fault

be more patient? Annoys the hell out of me when people start pipping their horns left right and centre. I can honestly say I have never used any horn on any of my cars.

I don't even know if the horn on my car works..

I was the intended victim of road rage just the other day. As someone else posted, I was approaching a traffic calming chicane thingy, and I had right of way, when a buffoon coming in the other direction decided, because I was driving a girly car,I was a soft touch and he was going to barge through :rolleyes:

I instantly donned my angry head, and refused to let him cut me up. When me met nose to nose, he got out of his car, shouting and looking menacing......

After I promised to rip his head off and sh!t down his neck, and torch his car, and then kill him to death, and showed him the road sign indicating that I had the right of way, he regained some common sense, apologised, and reversed out of the way.

Let's hope he learned his lesson, eh?:D

i must admit i get annoyed at other drivers when they cut me up etc but iv been n that situation before n i jst got out n smacked the bloke that hit my car, but the best thing 2 do is when sum1 is up ya **** slam ur brakes on coz if they go n the bk of u, its their fault

Im amazed you have survived this long.

Loz, you never beep the horn because you never see anything to beep at - ie the lights changing :rofl:

JOKING!!!!

Road rage is nothing new, I used to get it alot but driving HGV's and seeing the consequences of crashing one (not me I might add) I have learned to keep a lid on it. Also you dont know what these morons are carrying in the car with them, knife, bat, gun? :eek: - you just never know. Always best to let it go and arrive at your destination in one piece.

Failing that run the scumbag over :)