E1053 7 Inch Touch Screen LCD DVD Player Special For SKODA Octavia

Forgive me if this has been posted already but i thought i'd share it with those who haven't yet seen it....

Eonon

Its nice but not sure if the acoustic proximity sensors will work or you have to swap it out for reverse cam...

26099.attach

26100.attach

26101.attach

26102.attach

26103.attach

£1053 By the looks of it :)

How feckin much :)

Shirley it's just another Witson type clone ;) and they can be picked up for £300 (ish) on Ebay.

"edit" Len ... you're a toerag :)

1053 is the model number isn't it?

Price (see link) appears to be $490 inc delivery (although I guess you may get hit with customs duties etc) which is about £327 at todays rate (S1.49=£1.00)

That is the model number! E1053!! :rolleyes:

Follow the "Eonon" link in the original post - price is $490 with free shipping to UK!

We know, just waiting for someone to point out the error of our ways :P

Eonon made the 6in touch screen DVD player I fitted to my Octavia earlier this year (£100 from ebay)

Fine if you want DVD fuctionality (ie loads of MP3 on one disc) and to watch films whilst waiting for the wife to finish shopping, but useless as a radio ie no RDS, traffic announcements etc. Never tried out the Bluetooth or TV side of things. As I only bought it for the DVD I was very pleased with it.

pics are in this thread http://briskoda.net/ice-security-insurance/my-cheap-ebay-dvd-player/110363/

just a thought guys

For info relating to general functionality of these units there is a monster thread here http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/cheap-ebay-alternative-mfd2-installed/115003/

This unit looks like a clone of the Witson units (or maybe the other way round) and a lot of bug's have been ironed out in this particular thread. I have one of the Witson units in my Roomster and am very happy with it, once I sorted out a few niggles.

Shortly I hope to complete a "guide" to resolving common issues with these generic MFD alternatives as I have fixed things myself and also trawled the web for info. :thumbup:

Hi,does anyone know will this work with the skoda "sound System" and can it be hooked up to multi-function steering wheel ???

It says it works with the steering wheel controls on the blurb, dunno about if you have the audience sound system tho.

they seem to have gone to some manufacturers and designed dvd systems for some models... i see vw, skoda and toyota

I think they are more likely in league together ... those cunning chinese :)

ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.

There are several different manufacturers at the moment from the far east churning out virtually identical Skoda "branded" head units, I have got the other model from their site the 780 in my Roomster (it's designed to the same dimensions as the MFD2 / Columbus for the Octavia)

I think they are more likely in league together ... those cunning chinese :)

ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.

There are several different manufacturers at the moment from the far east churning out virtually identical Skoda "branded" head units, I have got the other model from their site the 780 in my Roomster (it's designed to the same dimensions as the MFD2 / Columbus for the Octavia)

bloody hell.... they're good! but it makes me wonder... out of all vehicles they chose VW, Corolla and Octavia II... what u reckon is the reason for that? especially Octavia?

bloody hell.... they're good! but it makes me wonder... out of all vehicles they chose VW, Corolla and Octavia II... what u reckon is the reason for that? especially Octavia?

well I would say VW and Toyota based on popularity of the vehicles globally. The Octavia is harder to call, in the other thread (i linked it in one of my other posts) some of the people here on Brisky actually contacted Witson to ask about the possibility of doing one in Skoda Green and low and behold in a couple of weeks it appeared, and then a few weeks later the 7282 (iirc) appeared.

I would guess that Skoda is increasing it's market share across Europe and indeed is on sale now in places like India and I believe in China so I guess it makes sense. It is an odd choice though when you consider just how many Ford Focus and Focus derivatives there are and say vauxhal / opel Astra's for example.

i live in Trinidad and Tobago and we have hundreds of octyII's on the road... the one i own is my 2nd... i even saw some in Caracas, venezuela last week...:thumbup:

You lucky bugger :) living out there :thumbup: Octy's are really popular out in Germany as well, and the Taxi is a Mercedes stalwart but I have seen an increasing number of Superb II's and Roomster's as taxi's here in hamburg.

Go Skoda :)

thanks:cool: i must admit life is nice out here! we have no real cares and yet we are as advanced as most countries... we have a lot of european cars on the market... benz, bmw, audi, porche, vw, mini cooper, .... but i love my octy II... i still grieve the loss of my 1st one...lol