Bargain engine upgrade Q...

Didn't Skoda produce a fast back Estelle sorry a Rapid with a 136 engine and fuel injection which were quiet fast, there used to be around here a pink one with a body kit on it and nice wheels which seemed as it were quiet Rapid. So i should imagine the potential is definately there for tunning the pushrod, If you can get David Vizards book tuning pushrod Fords as the principles would be the same:D

I think some very late Estelle/Rapid 130 series were injection, EMS and possibly cat? They might have made a bit more power, but not that much compared with what's possible if you can source an 8 port head, sidedraft Weber manifold, exhaust bananas and Gp A "slipper" pistons (which may need a contact in the Czeck Republic these days).

• 8 years later...

Hi my name is Jonathan and I was wondering if I could do something that no one has considered doing before but I wasn't sure if it would work.

i was wondering if I could install a 1.4 16v k series out of a 05 mg zr, would that be possible to do that please let me know thanks for reading 

8 hours ago, Jonathan1617 said:

Hi my name is Jonathan and I was wondering if I could do something that no one has considered doing before but I wasn't sure if it would work.

i was wondering if I could install a 1.4 16v k series out of a 05 mg zr, would that be possible to do that please let me know thanks for reading 

@Jonathan1617 - Yes, in principle. In practice you'll need the MG "cassette car" (cut vertically about halfway down the A pillars and through the floor), plus custom engine, gearbox and radiator mounts, custom hose kit, custom gear linkage, custom exhaust, custom driveshafts, custom front springs and dampers that I can think of off-hand. Then you'll still need to get it all running.

Even that presumes that I've not left some vital bits of MG behind.