Isle of Wight invasion 2009!! Postponed!

pixi

EDIT!!! Oh bum, I put 2008 and I meant 2009. Can a mod please change the title? :o

Done:)

Will need to check what I am doing before I can say wether I can go or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I am DEFINITELY coming now (seem to be the only one at the moment :rolleyes::D) and will be 3 up.

Trouble is, ferry booking seems different. I don't see a £27 deal, only £18/£20 options for each direction there and back, making it about £40. Got any offer codes for redfunnel, pix? :) Published in local rags on your island apparently.

1) devonutopia + 2 (lunch as well please)

They're probably not advertising yet Jase, with it being Christmas they know people will travel anyway and will fleece them for all they can get. Come January they probably will appear. I will keep a look out and post accordingly. :)

They're probably not advertising yet Jase, with it being Christmas they know people will travel anyway and will fleece them for all they can get. Come January they probably will appear. I will keep a look out and post accordingly. :)

Thanks - I will hold off for now then. We are definitely going though. Going to add something to my signature to get people linking here. Going to edit the thread title too as it's definite now. :thumbup: Thought about what ferry times would be best? I noticed a 7.30 & 9am one. :)

I would be interested in this one, although £40 is a bit too steep. I'll stay subscribed to this in case cheaper ferry tickets come up. Not fussed about ferry times as I can stay the night before in Fareham or Southampton. Where's the lunch... not that pub in Ventnor with the comedy pirate and cannons outside is it? :D

The pub is a lovely typical country pub called The White Horse, situated in the southerly village of Whitwell. The food is very good and they have a pool table. :D

Lets hope this doesn't clash with the JKM RR day then :)

If it does, and due to the lack of serious interest, I think this might have to be left until sometime in the summer, when perhaps more people would be willing to have a day out there?

Would love to do this again but it's a bit difficult ATM what with Mrs d recuperating and all. Reckon Me and lil' d could possibly do a spring/summer one though :thumbup: