New Skoda Roomster People Carrier

garym2000

THAT is just what I'll be looking for in less than 12 months time!

I think it looks totally outrageous and sincerly hope they don't numb it down too much for production.

Why have we got to wait 2 flamin years for it though..Dohh!

No the fabia won't be going...at all! Replacement for the Citroen to drag the caravan, my work stuff and the mob too.(taxi)

Rear door only opens from one side as far as I can see - not very practical, I presume the UK version will open on the opposite side so the kids are stepping out into traffic, otherwise we would have to park our cars the wrong way around!

Looking at the photos in the press I wa sunsure about the looks of the Roomster, however when I was at the museum in July at the time of the Bohemia Rally they had one in the Museum on show. When I went back 2 weeks ago to take some more photos it was no longer there :mad: I will post some actual photos taken when I get a moment.

In the flesh the Roomster "study" looks great and the wife wants one when its launched :( , whether the final version looks the same we will have to wait and see. In Auto express a couple of weeks ago they said that VW disapproved at the futuristic styling and the designers were asked to think again, evidently the clever Czechs redesigned a booring replacement and VW agreed to proceed with the original as a basis :D

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just come back from Paris and the motorshow was fantastic. The new Octy combi 4x4 was there and the 05 facelift fabia. As far as I could understand the Fabia vRS was an 05 model as well but it looked no different internally than the 04. They also had the new octy hatch with the optical styling pack on it which looked pretty damm good.

Will get some picys asap.

i quite like that,not sure i like the full glass boot though,i put stuff in the boot when parked up,so no bugger can see it and be on there toes with it.

not something i would buy but a nice car for those that are,oh yeh and the name"roomster"come on thats just cr4p