Killer Land Rover Dad's Blog

Royston

Nigel Gresham has posted a blog from prison having a rant about anyone who has ever crossed him.

The heartless twunt doesn't seem to care two ****s about his dead children, he just cares about 1 person. Wonder who that might be?

Gresh’s parting shot…. | A Dad's Heartbreak

He appears to have some valid points, however whether any of that would stand up in court, who knows?

yeah exactly. everyone gets so sucked in by what they see and hear. there are two sides to everything and its very easy to just hop on the band wagon. seems like this is a prime example

Well I think that blog passage portrays him as a selfish and irresponsible assmunch.

For all those excuses in the early paragraph as to why it was not his fault it would only have taken a small amount of intregity at any stage to refuse, act responsibly or admit he was technically out of his depth to change the course of events.

I'm very much in two minds with this one. He was irresponsible, and his post doesn't help his case, but he's suffered a great deal, and I don't think prison actually achieves anything.

It's fairly clear the majority of the blame was his, but maybe it's not so simple.

The guy will still be going through the stages of grieving. But I'm not surprised he's angry and hitting out - the authorities decided to 'get' someone, and did. Obviously his loss is more than punishment enough for what was a mistake for which he could not possible know the consequences - and in truth may or may not have caused the accident, despite what 'experts' say.

How many times do we read on this or other car forums of people changing their brake discs/fluid/pads and then complaining of issues with stopping? How many times have you had work done at a garage and driven out with dangerous new problems? How many people have changed their suspension and thus made it potentially lethally different to the standard set up under some conditions?

There but for the grace of God.

What this case is actually about is an exercise by the authorities to prove a problem exists, to justify bringing in legislation to outlaw amateur car maintenance and modification.

The whole affair has split alot of peoples opinions over on the Land Rover Forum he was an active member on. After a fund was set up for the family after the "accident" first happened.

Myself, i would like to think the Landy was in road worthy condition and it was a bad error of judgement that lead to the tragic accident.

The press made a big thing about there being bits from 5 different land rovers on his car. But any one who has had a Landy will know that they are very interchangeable, so in its self is not a issues providing it is done correctly.

Having know Nigel from Land rover forums, I am saddened for his loss, and can only imagine what he must be going through. Hopefully in time he will come to terms with his loss and show a little more remorse. But we each deal with things in very different ways, and venting his anger is a way of dealing with things.

I wish him well for the future years ahead he has without his kids and the memories of that very unhappy day.

True, it's easy to get lost in blame and recrimination but ATEOTD he's lost 4 children, which must be a terrible ordeal.

the big question I have is when he refers to the Doctor that "ran him off the road". He questions why the Dr didn't slow down to let him past, well surely that works both ways, he also could have slowed down or stopped on the road if there wasn't enough room to get past, instead of carrying on at speed and going upon the verge which caused the axle to fail.

Hindsight is a great invention though.

Myself, i would like to think the Landy was in road worthy condition and it was a bad error of judgement that lead to the tragic accident.

The press made a big thing about there being bits from 5 different land rovers on his car. But any one who has had a Landy will know that they are very interchangeable, so in its self is not a issues providing it is done correctly..

Indeed. My neighbour has a S1 Landy with bits of Range Rover suspension (so coils, not leaf springs), a V8 and an auto.

What were the mods on this one and what failed?

I'd argue that the condition of the LR was less of an issue than the way (and place) it was driven with kids on board, and yes, I'd question the Doctor's behaviour too. It was no place to be ****ing about.

How many times do we read on this or other car forums of people changing their brake discs/fluid/pads and then complaining of issues with stopping? How many times have you had work done at a garage and driven out with dangerous new problems? How many people have changed their suspension and thus made it potentially lethally different to the standard set up under some conditions?

There but for the grace of God.

Indeed. I'm careful about anything I do, but I have (for example) left wheelbolts loose. Mind, I've had a garage leave them loose too. I triple-check them these days.

Can you imagine if someone had a big off in a Fabia with a RARB and a similar tragedy ensued? I can see the headlines now. "Mr X modified the rear suspension to dangerously affect the car's handling'. The fact is that the mod is perfectly safe if the car is driven properly, but lets not let facts get in the way of a story.

What this case is actually about is an exercise by the authorities to prove a problem exists, to justify bringing in legislation to outlaw amateur car maintenance and modification.

Perhaps.

Yes but the MOT is not a guarentee of road worthyness. Just that it met the tested areas at that moment in time. Note TESTED areas

Next day/week/month etc it could easily fail. I've seen cars have their first MOT fail disasterously, dispite being dealer serviced for their first 3 years.

Oh not denying that, but you would hope that an MOT would bring up anything super dangerous.

They way they went on about the landy, it sounds like it should have clearly failed any MOT or at least had it as an advisory if the mods had been made pre MOT.

Not an excuse, just saying.

Indeed. My neighbour has a S1 Landy with bits of Range Rover suspension (so coils, not leaf springs), a V8 and an auto.

What were the mods on this one and what failed?

I'd argue that the condition of the LR was less of an issue than the way (and place) it was driven with kids on board, and yes, I'd question the Doctor's behaviour too. It was no place to be ****ing about.

Indeed. I'm careful about anything I do, but I have (for example) left wheelbolts loose. Mind, I've had a garage leave them loose too. I triple-check them these days.

Can you imagine if someone had a big off in a Fabia with a RARB and a similar tragedy ensued? I can see the headlines now. "Mr X modified the rear suspension to dangerously affect the car's handling'. The fact is that the mod is perfectly safe if the car is driven properly, but lets not let facts get in the way of a story.

Perhaps.

According to press reports which followed the court case, the front brake discs were of different sizes, causing the vehicle to slew when braking. Also the brake pads were so worn that the brake pedal had to be down to the floor before any braking was evident.

The rear axle failed because an insubstantial bracket snapped when the vehicle went up on the verge causing it to steer abnormally into the river.

Also the brake pads were so worn that the brake pedal had to be down to the floor before any braking was evident.

The only reason i could see the brake pedal being nailed to the floor to get it to stop, is if the brake fluid had have absorbed water and become spongy or the pads were glazed over or worse still metal on metal.

Or if there had been a drastic failure of the servo or burst brake lines.

Like MDK1, I know Gresh slightly from the Land Rover forums and met him and his family on a few occassions - and I know that he would never have done anything that might possibly hurt his kids.

I don't have the mindless loyalty to him that some express, but I do feel that he's had a bit of a cr@ppy deal from this - the powers that be obviously wanted to make an example of someone.

His blog may be a little angry, but in my view he has every right to be, given the circumstances. I wish him and his family all the best for the future, and hope that they are able to rebuild their lives after this terrible accident.

more to the point how in gods name can you run a blog from the jail!!?.....punnishment ehh!!

K:)

Looks like you cant......

The site adadsheartbreak.co.uk has been disabled. Please contact support