Common Rail Remap: P - Torque Review

• 3 weeks later...

had my vrs cr remapped by will at p-torque this week, fantastic ! on the matter of the rr problem your car isnt a freak JAMESYG mine did exactly the same 130 odd bhp 250 ft lb torque and climbing rapidly when the ecu reined it in ! Will said he has spoken to numerous contacts in the industry here and abroad and they have all had the same problem ? shame jcdub is over the water would be interesting to take my car onto the rr he used see if they could work some of that irish magic on mine and get some figures?

surely it would be possible to produce a loom that you unplug the sensors for the front wheels, plug it into the loom and it sends either the signal directly to the front and back or is used to synchronise a signal that could be generated and sent to the back wheels, thus fooling the car into thinking all the wheels are spinning?

I may be making a twit of myself here........but would the problem with the RR figures have something to do with the ESP being on or off.

I may be making a twit of myself here........but would the problem with the RR figures have something to do with the ESP being on or off.

Pretty sure Will tried it with both - was something to do with the front wheels spinning and the rear wheels remaining stationary.

2 of my cars have been fettled by Will now, and I am a happy customer and have no reason to stray away to any other tuner :)

My PD105 power / torque curve is still the best of any PD105 that I have seen, verified on 2 different dyno's. The guy knows his stuff and customer service is right at the forefront of his operation.

Can you elaborate a bit more regarding the 105, mpg improvements and power delivery.

whats it like around town

had my vrs cr remapped by will at p-torque this week, fantastic ! on the matter of the rr problem your car isnt a freak JAMESYG mine did exactly the same 130 odd bhp 250 ft lb torque and climbing rapidly when the ecu reined it in ! Will said he has spoken to numerous contacts in the industry here and abroad and they have all had the same problem ? shame jcdub is over the water would be interesting to take my car onto the rr he used see if they could work some of that irish magic on mine and get some figures?

Hi

It might be down to the way the remap is written... The the rolling road I used was in Enfield with a company called Westward engineering.

My car performed perfectly on the rollers with no problems:cool:

Anyway hope to hear the gains you got from the P Torque Map

Hi

The rolling road I used was in Enfield with a company called Westward engineering.

Before anyone else gets excited at the possibility of a conveniently placed RR in North London (as I did!) ... I Googled Westward (Precision) Engineering, and they are in Enfield Co Meath, not the Enfield previously in Middlesex. So perhaps not worth the ferry fare for us Brits?

what ever the problem its not wills map, he was unable to get figures on the standard car before modification. The ecu needs tricking into thinking the rear wheels are turning any clever people out there with a solution?

If I get over to the UK in the next few months I could stick my car on the rollers in question and see if its the map or the rollers.

You could all pitch in for me to get the ferry over ;-)