Total Miles So Far, With Egr Blanked ??

dfullb

Tried the Search but no results :) So the Kitty Just Missed my front Wheel !! :D

PD130 Vrs Engines.

How many miles to date have you Vrs owners got to, Who have blanked/Removed their Egr Valves ??

Reason to ask is, Re. The Potential damage to the Head & Valves due to the Increased Internal combustion temps because there is now more air/fuel in the cylinder to burn Etc ..

Has yours Goone Bang yet :eek:

Cheers

Dean

Have been running an Allard EGR on my pd130 engine for about 3 years now, done probably 60,000 miles at least. Apart from the engine light being on, it's been absolutely brilliant. Makes me :) when driving to know my engine is only consuming 100% clean air. :thumbup: In the long run, new mapping should keep the engine light out, but then I have vagcom so regularly check it to ensure only the EGR valve fault (which in my mind is not a fault, merely a side-effect :D) is causing the engine light.

How would one go about getting a blanking plate without paying stupid rip off prices like some known tuners charge?

I think Jabba's is only £50 I believe.

Just chop up a coke can with a pair of tin snips :P

Im not a pikey like you Sir! lol

I think Jabba's is only £50 I believe.

Only!? For a chopped up coke can ;) lol, cheers matey

i got one from a guy off ebay mate, eBay My World - olly_owl- about a fiver i think and its just the undrilled gasket. works absolutely fine. dont think he has one listed at the minute but im sure he could sort it :thumbup:

Might be worth a PM me thinks, without high jacking (ohh too late!) the thread would you happen to have pics of yours on, off etc?

hi mate, my cameras gone the journey this week so it might be weekend til i can get a pic of it fitted but it looks practically just the same as oem. the only difference is that the new gasket is ever so slightly thicker but if you imagine the existing gasket without a hole in you cant go far wrong. ill try and get a few pics this weekend for you though :thumbup:

Im not a pikey like you Sir! lol

Might be worth a PM me thinks, without high jacking (ohh too late!) the thread would you happen to have pics of yours on, off etc?

Ours is a full replacement pipe, not just a gasket lol..

-Kev

Rather than start another thread, thought I would run a question past the tuners here.

If you retain the EGR valve but simply fit a blocking gasket, will you still get a CEL light?

If you do, I am wondering how the ECU knows the EGR has been killed, as the MAF is up stream of the gasses. Fitting a blocking gasket also retains the anti shudder shut down function.

Still not sure about the long term effects of no EGR gasses though. Pesky as they are for hesitation, combustion temps do go up.

Tuner answer here :)

More air is pulled through the MAF sensor because less is being recycled from the EGR system.

MAF sensor's intake mg/stroke goes out of specification for fault finding on the EGR system and brings up a fault code for something related to flow, cant remember the specific code as i've mapped it out on my car..

Thanks

Kev

Ours comes with a proper lazer cut 6mm blanking plate, gasket, 2 new copper lock nuts, a replacement pipe (to bolt to the inlet manifold), 3 allen bolts, and a jubilee clip all for £55 delivered :thumbup:... so not just a "chopped up coke can" :rolleyes:

Luke

On the ball arent we lads down at Jabba ;)

I said that due to Devon's reply and not due to what your product actually is! Most think before I post sometimes!

On a side note, Jabba do you fancy doing a full set of intercooler pipes from the turbo, back round to the turbo for me? Id much prefer not to have the OEM ones, and inturn have boost leaks all over the place!

On the ball arent we lads down at Jabba ;)

I said that due to Devon's reply and not due to what your product actually is! Most think before I post sometimes!

On a side note, Jabba do you fancy doing a full set of intercooler pipes from the turbo, back round to the turbo for me? Id much prefer not to have the OEM ones, and inturn have boost leaks all over the place!

We could... but your turbo wouldnt do much for the performance of the engine if we plumbed them back to the turbo again ;):rofl::P

Serieously, what intercooler do you have? we might be able to look into something

:)

Luke

Why does blanking the egr and make the engine have clean air only cause the internal temps to rise.

The presence of Nitrides of Oxygen (NOX) in exhaust gas, has the effect of reducing combustion temperatures.

cant remember the specific code as i've mapped it out on my car..

It's along the lines of "EGR: regulation limit exceeded". I think this is when you are pottling along, the valve opens up quite a way to recirc as much as poss. At some point the fact it is constantly reading nil means it throws CEL. So glad it doesn't actually go into limp mode though. On my new mapping, the EGR is meant to be mapped out too, but there's still playing to be done with my 4 bar map sensor, and the mapping for the turbo based on it.

Crazy Question, Could you still get the high bp output the likes of devontpuio etc have got with out doing this mod??

yeah no problem, it just stops your car getting gunked up... my mates running 215bhp and 310lb-ft torque with OEM EGR in place :thumbup: