Yorks / Lincs meet

dieseldarren

I've found a nice food pub The Punch Bowl, Thorne that's just off J6 M18.

This is within easy reach of Doncaster, Hull, York, Sheffield, Leeds, Grimsby, Lincoln .... so who'd be up for it?

I was thinking of a Saturday midday meet, I took a little circular tour some of the country lanes the other day, a route of 34miles took an hour, but I'm not exactly Sebastien Loeb, then back to the pub for nosh.

I think the pub would be too busy on a Sunday lunch.

Pub website The Punch Bowl Inn Fieldside Thorne Nr

Poll Result - Easter Sat 11 April meet from midday.

Please update the list with numbers of people & whether dining.

If you're planning to do the country lanes bring a decent map

cheers ... Darren

Edited by gcr31463
poll result Sat 11 April

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean "just found it" I used to go to Round Table meetings there back in 1980:eek:, bet its been refurbed since then:rofl::rofl:

By the way, it's right next to the Police station ;)

Tis a good central point though & plenty of good driving roads all round there.:thumbup:

I come from a little village about 3 miles away:D:D

What do you mean "just found it" I used to go to Round Table meetings there back in 1980:eek:, bet its been refurbed since then:rofl::rofl:

By the way, it's right next to the Police station ;)

Tis a good central point though & plenty of good driving roads all round there.:thumbup:

I come from a little village about 3 miles away:D:D

I thought about mentioning the police station, but it's not like this a chavvy corsa forum is it?

I'm sure everyone on here will respect the 30 limit & have a fully taxed, insured & roadworthy vehicle!

Yeah I'm sure America was there before Columbus discovered it, actually, thinking about it, before the other day, I went there once in about 1988, on a pub crawl of Thorne (there's quite a few), it's conveniently about 100 yards from Thorne North station too.

cheers ... Darren

I thought about mentioning the police station, but it's not like this a chavvy corsa forum is it?

I'm sure everyone on here will respect the 30 limit & have a fully taxed, insured & roadworthy vehicle!

Yeah I'm sure America was there before Columbus discovered it, actually, thinking about it, before the other day, I went there once in about 1988, on a pub crawl of Thorne (there's quite a few), it's conveniently about 100 yards from Thorne North station too.

cheers ... Darren

Come to think of it, I think Columbus used to drink there too:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lots of pubs in Thorne but would steer clear of at least half of them:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have I been blind or have you not said what the date is yet :o :O :confused:

Cheers

Fred

Come to think of it, I think Columbus used to drink there too:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lots of pubs in Thorne but would steer clear of at least half of them:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have I been blind or have you not said what the date is yet :o :O :confused:

Cheers

Fred

date to be confirmed

Edited by gcr31463
now a poll in place

I'd be interested...... Only problem is it's my birthday the day before and i'm out for a meal and some wine with the mrs the night before...... Then out for some birthday drinks on the Saturday night with friends so might be a bit much to get to this too. :o

Cheers

Dave.

I've made it a bit BOLDER in the 1st post; but it's Sat 14 March at Midday

Hmmm, time to go to Specsavers me thinks. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Alas I have an engagement party that night. & at work till 06.00.

Chaps, should I move the date back one week to Sat 21 March as everyone is working on the 14th?

cheers ... Darren

I'm working the 21st. :rolleyes:

But then again i can't make the 14th either. :)

Think i'm off on the 28th though.

Cheers

Dave.

Working sat mornings :( what time where you planning on meeting? and was the drive or the grub first?? might make the second half so to speak :)

My original idea was ...

Meet at midday, coffee & look at maps, go for a drive 1230 (approx 1hour)

back to pub for food at 1330.

Of course the drive /food it's all optional, you're welcome to drop by as suits.

It'll be good to see you if you can make it.

To far to travel so I won't be going

Fair enough chap.

I'd picked the location to be central for Sheffield / Lincoln / Grimsby / Hull / York / Leeds

Obviously we could set a challenge to see who travels furthest?

Should I PM Jason (aka Devonutopia)?

regards ... Darren

I may be able to attend. As long as i am welcome in the Jetta lol.

Really enjoyed the meets i went to when i had my Octy.

Have we decided on a date yet?