Traxs Pics

faboka vrs

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i 3rd it thanks dave, nice to meet a few members and yes the girls *ahem* cars were nice i have a few piccies to and as soon as i work out how to attach i will post some. oh and i did enjoy my 30 mile 2.5 hour trip there :eek: NOT

how do i add pics :mad:

Easiest way is to use the post reply button at the bottom rather than the quick reply box, then click manage attachments at the bottom. Browse for your pic then press upload.

Big thanks to DaveU, they should put you in charge of organising the event itself next year :)

And the story goes like this...

Left home at 5am, plenty of time to get there i thought, 3 hours max to Silverstone, or at least it has been every time i've been that way before.

Moral of the story #1. NEVER follow Mark (Optimax Tart) Panrix. If you do, be prepared to waste at least a gallon of juice in search of a Shell station, and on the way you'll become VERY familiar with a random roundabout of his choosing ;)

Moral #2. NEVER sit in a queue of traffic assuming it will clear. Remember the good old northern saying "Shy Bairns Get nowt"...be prepared to push in, cheat and generally annoy the Chavs patiently waiting in line....

Moral #3. Once you finally get on track, after missing the 1st briefing (see traffic above) and having to run to the cars LeMans style with a 5 minute window, NEVER assume it will be plain sailing from there. After 3 corners i found myself singing "On The Beach"...nuff said ;) could happen to anyone etc. :)

After that it was all plain sailing :rofl:

Pics to follow :)

Totally agree Geoff and a big :thumbup: to Dave for organising the day. Also good to put a few more faces to names. I would also like to add to your list Geoff the following:

Moral#4 - Don't forget to bring tickets next time so as not to end up forking out an additional

Nice one Dave well done :thumbup:

Geoff did you have a vRS shirt on? If so i met you on the run back to the car,

i thought i made 5 corners before the off :D .

Well ive had a great week, managed to get the Harley clamped while picking up the tickets from Dave ,and on my birthday too :eek:.

Now i need to find someone to powdercoat the wheels :D ,

Steve

Must admit im finding it a little hard to find the balancing point with the RS,

having always had RWD cars before im finding FWD are less forgiving.

Amazed it happened so quick though{5th corner IIRC} cant say i was going to mad,the car was a little unsettled going into the right hander , on the gas and

round it came ,held it for a second but it kept coming :( .

Still i did'nt stuff it on the roof so no harm done :) .

Steve

Moral#6 Never lend your video camera to someone and set the record point to ovewrite your unreplacable track footage (thanks for the loan Q :thumbup: )

Great day Dave U -

John

John,

I've got some nice pics of your track session. I was standing at Luffield.

I'll post some edited ones (number plates removed etc) later.

You're welcome to the originals if you want them :)

Well twas a great day Dave - shame the organisers couldn't signpost the pit lane clearly so some of us ended up late for the start of the session and, dare I say it, may have tried to overcompensate slightly too much. What a shame we didn't get to go round as a group and enjoy the friendly jousting that was intended.

Dave, thanks for all your hard work :thumbup:. Next time I'll leave another half hour earlier (if there is a next time).

Great day.

Dunno if the 2hour queueing was really worth it, reading Geoff's morality numbers

Still, got about 3-4 laps done before the red one came out.

Nice drinkies and food with Dave + swmbo, Des, Johnm Jeff.

Oh, Jon (Tavia), you may get slapped by some unusually small hands. I apologise in advance for "spilling the beans" ;)