Traxs Pics

faboka vrs

had a great day out today. everyone i met was very friendly and nice, quite a few i was hoping to meet, but managed to miss somehow, never mind next time hopefully :thumbup:

only one problem... i think my foreheads gone supernova :eek:

Ouch.. and that was with sunscreen, thanks to Gav and kelly for that :thumbup:

Jonno(def not feeling :cool: )

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed so many people too - didn't realise you were there Big K, nor you Jonno - BADGES are the answer (BADGES, do you hear! :P )

Hope to catch up next time. Roll on the next Briskoda track day (with actual track time)...

A fantastic day indeed, thanks again Dave.

Got a few morals to add myself:

moral #7: Don't buy your viper stripes from Halfords... they might come off at 70mph :rolleyes:

moral #8: Don't pull onto a petrol stations forecourt to remove said stripe dangling from the spoiler when your windscreen fogs up... you might hit a kerb :rolleyes:

moral #9: Try to enter the ground from the Buckingham side of the entrance... it will save you 2 hours of queuing with the chavs :rofl:

Pictures are here.

Fantastic day had by all (I think), Dave - thanks muchly :thumbup:

Thanks to Leeboy for letting me sneak into the queue :thumbup: so that we had a contingent of 4 Briskoda members standing about and chatting whilst the organisers extracted their fingers from their proverbials!

Thanks to Jimmy for the loan of his cavernous boot :D in the hearse!

Nice to put faces to names :) and was grateful to miss the allotted track time as managed to get a full 20 minutes (don't know where it went though?) in a later track session in the afternoon.

High point of my day was to have some MG ZXTRGC? - don't know how the initials work? (maybe FFelan can explain ;) ) come and find me and ask if I'd had anything done to my car - as I wasted him on our last lap :D , it was a 2.5 V6 I think?

Steve - speak to Q about where to get your wheels painted - his looked great in Anthracite, although I'm sure the original gold was nice too :rolleyes:

Andy

Nice pics Mike' date=' I think you captured the [i']feel[/i] of the event!

Andy

LOL! Thanks :D I try my best....sadly I can't take pictures of myself driving round the track though :( I think a couple of people on SE managed some though so it's all OK!

Nice pics Mike' date=' I think you captured the [i']feel[/i] of the event!

Andy

I certainly wish I could have had a feel ! :rofl: Don't think Steff would have been too happy though.

Thanks to Dave for sorting this out for us. The track session I got in the afternoon was great fun. Mike, that little Rosa is very good in the corners! :eek:

Thanx to Dave U for organising the event, I don't know who you are but thanx anyway :D

A great day was had by all I feel and there was some great sights :thumbup:

John's posted most of the more 'interesting' pix and I'll stick the rest on my site today or tomorrow...

Cheers

Craig

Thanks Dave U for organising, had a great day, highlight for me being a full 20 minute track session covering the full circuit. Certainly far more demanding for the novice like me, compared with Brunters, If peeps are thinking about another track day, I would vote for a circuit rather than proving ground.

Thanks for Q for setting up the camera for my session, I suppose you reviewed it and noted all the missed apexes and braking points, still hope there is footage of me speeding up the side of the vRS combi - didn't get the name of the Briskodian driving, but you were over from Ireland.

0-60 run, costing me

Can I also chip in with a big thatnks to DaveU - good to meet you all there !

Shame about the track session (just getting into it) but these things happen.

I had to slink off early (my 2 year old son would never forgive me for not spending an afternoon in the paddling pool with him!) but got a 0-60 run in. Despite the terrible heat (on track 4th gear was useless due to heat soak!), being gentle with the gears and leaving traction control on, YNF (my furby VRS with REVO) did a 7.17. I'm sure that there's a 6.5 in there....

Thanks again everyone! When is our next track day?

PS - BTW very good track etiquette (you know who)

I certainly wish I could have had a feel ! :rofl: Don't think Steff would have been too happy though.

Thanks to Dave for sorting this out for us. The track session I got in the afternoon was great fun. Mike' date=' that little Rosa is very good in the corners! :eek:[/quote']

I was certainly surprised! I expected your little beast to just take off on the first straight we came too and I wouldn't see you till the end! I think we both did pretty well though as a couple of those Nissans weren't too far ahead.

It was great fun coming into becketts and getting right on your tail! I'm surprised how good the cheapo Marshall tyres that came with my OZs ages ago were! God knows what the car would be like on semi slick Yoko's :p: