New clutch and DMF...flywheel judder??

Just had a new LUK Clutch kit and LUK DMF fitted. Clutch engages perfectly, but when I plant my foot on the gas below 2000rpm, especially in 2nd and 3rd gears, there is a loud THUD, as though the engine is moving. The engine mounts have been checked and are sound, could it be a faulty new DMF?? Thanks for any ideas on this.

sometimes it is a mount underneath the car gearbox/engine mount towards the back end of the engine near the exhaust. exhaust mounts come off? does it feel like the gearstick is moving up and down when the lound thud happens, if so it is the mount i explained 1st? sometimes its not tightend up enough, hope this helps

Thanks for replies Mod boy and Lummox. Car is Fab vRS 04 year. Have checked all mounts underneath and they're all solid. This is the first time the car has ever had a new DMF and it's done 205,000 miles. (Driving school car) I understand original clutches on these cars are Sachs. Would this explain the difference then, am I to assume this would not happen with a Sachs DMF? Or could the THUD be something totally unrelated?

Thanks for that Gez, I've just taken it out to double check it, and if I go to 3k in 3rd, lift off, and then plant my foot straight back on the gas, THUD, it's still there. This never happened prior to this new LUK clutch and DMF. Has anyone ever had this problem and do they know if it's clutch related or maybe a worn engine mount ? If I open the bonnet and try to move the engine, there is only very slight movement which I would have thought normal. Baffled!!!

Thanks for that Gez, I've just taken it out to double check it, and if I go to 3k in 3rd, lift off, and then plant my foot straight back on the gas, THUD, it's still there. This never happened prior to this new LUK clutch and DMF. Has anyone ever had this problem and do they know if it's clutch related or maybe a worn engine mount ? If I open the bonnet and try to move the engine, there is only very slight movement which I would have thought normal. Baffled!!!

Were you moving it by hand? A mechanic/friend told me to take handbrake off and leave in gear, then push the car back & forth to check engine movement.

The movement in my gearbox mount was pretty crazy just from lightly pushing with one hand... I was getting bad knocking noises changing gear, putting the power on and over lumps etc. I doubt this is the same noise... but changing the dogbone and gearbox mount sorted it.

Cheers for the tips guys. Does anyone have an opinion as to which DMF would be a better buy? The LUK or the Sachs? If the problem is in the DMF guess I'll just have to live with it, to change to a Sachs would mean a completely different clutch kit aswell. Yeah, my Fab vRS is very high mileage at 205,000 so am probably about to experience a whole host of probs that have never ocurred to other members cars, so I'll keep you posted if any disasters occur. Gotta say though the car's been amazing up to now, I know some instructors in my area have been through 3 cars since I bought the vRS, well I did advise them but they wouldn't listen!!! What's more, my pupils love it to bits and have begged me to never get rid of it, so what can I do?? Can honestly say I will NEVER part with this motor. Cheers everyone for your tips....SAJNA