dxg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why couldn't VAG do something similar with the Mk II fabia :(

That's exactly what I just said to my boss.

I still quite like the MKII Fabia but that Polo looks really smart.

That looks expemsive for what it is... I know VW think they are "premium" but they aren't in most peoples eyes so I guess they'll need to look carefully at the pricing structure.

Guest Fabia 12v
If that's a clutch, it's a loooong way off the other pedals!

Looks like a footrest to me :thumbup:

Look closer on the R/H side of the footwell in the shadows

Look closer on the R/H side of the footwell in the shadows

Well bugger me! Your monitor must have some epic contrast!

Yes, there are infact 3 pedals plus the foot rest, which is very strange?

Attached image cropped, zoomed and contrast upped:

27525.attach

I just reckon the image is a photoshop, theres no reason for a DSG to have 3 pedals. Should have 2 and the brake pedal should be enormous. Only thing I though of was handbrake but it appears to have a normal one.

How cool would it be if the DSG's clutch could be activated electronically by touching a pedal, could actually be technically possible. That way you really could have an auto and manual in one car!

Very nice looking car BTW if a little over priced. Shame that the Fabia/Polo/Ibiza dont have anything with more than 105BHP yet, bring on 1.4 TSI's I reckon

It's ok. Doesn't really stand out for me.

Too similar to other cars that have been mentioned. Not bad, just a bit meh.

Guest Fabia 12v

Hehe!!

Well VW have posted up photos of polo at work on the network and more I see of this the more i love it, can't wait t see it in the flesh up at MK when we have the launch.

How close is it to the size of a Mk4 Golf

Same goes for the Corsa, Fiesta, Ibiza and plenty of other cars out there.

Newer cars get larger and indeed I'd guess that the MK I fabia was bigger than the MK I golf.

I'm sure it's nice enough, but £14k is taking the VW Price premium a bit far.

I mean I doubt there will be a decent discount for a while and you can pick up an Octy II Elegance or VRS TDI for not much more than that new now.

Just because it's the size of a old golf doesn't mean it should cost the same as a golf

£14k maybe expensive for a Polo but it's a fair bit cheaper than an (uglier) mk6 Golf so should bring in punters who can't/won't stretch to a Golf as the Polo isn't that much smaller, especially if you don't regularly carry adults in the back.

VW may not be a premium brand but it attracts clients with plenty of wonga who don't want to be ostentatious. I can say this with confidence too as someone who has spent plenty of time over the years sat in VW dealerships waiting for my car to get sorted out and seeing and hearing customers waiting around the same area who were considerably better heeled than myself!!! That's not saying much mind.

Oh and for the record I really like the new Polo from those pictures. Mind you they are press shots and the normal car will probably come with weedy wheels and massive gaps in the wheel arches. Roll on the GTI........

VW may not be a premium brand but it attracts clients with plenty of wonga who don't want to be ostentatious. I can say this with confidence too as someone who has spent plenty of time over the years sat in VW dealerships waiting for my car to get sorted out and seeing and hearing customers waiting around the same area who were considerably better heeled than myself!!! That's not saying much mind.

Try sitting around an Audi dealership in shorts and a hoodie :rofl:

I might as well have been bumming a man while sacrificing a goat and burning a cross the looks I was getting... :rolleyes:

Try sitting around an Audi dealership in shorts and a hoodie :rofl:

I might as well have been bumming a man while sacrificing a goat and burning a cross the looks I was getting... :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Perfect attire for visiting an Audi dealers... you get to paw over the cars without being bothered by a saleman. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Perfect attire for visiting an Audi dealers... you get to paw over the cars without being bothered by a saleman. :rolleyes:

This is true!

Also, the man at Texaco thought I stole the Q7 they gave me for the day... but that's another story!

This is true!

Also, the man at Texaco thought I stole the Q7 they gave me for the day... but that's another story!

:rofl::rofl:

You should see the looks you get whilst wearing a hoodie, baseball cap and listening to D&B at high volume in a Lexus IS220.. :rofl::D

:rofl::rofl:

You should see the looks you get whilst wearing a hoodie, baseball cap and listening to D&B at high volume in a Lexus IS220.. :rofl::D

Back in Newport that's the norm!