Water in front and rear passenger side footwell

Just purchased, 12 days ago, a brand new pre face lift 2.0TDI Octavia Elegance Estate and have noticed that the passenger side front and rear footwells are wet :mad:

Other posts on this forum indicate that it could be caused by water entering around the grommet near the pollen filter under the passenger side scuttle panel or a blockage behind the wheel arch linings.

The dealer has also had to replace the tweeter speaker on the passenger door, does this require the door panel etc to be removed?, if so could they have incorrectly fitted any damp proof membrane in the door.

Any other advise would be greatfully received, my local dealer appears unaware of what might cause it :confused:

Regards

You might want to threaten to reject the car as unsuitable due to water ingress and see how quick the dealer sorts the problem.

Do this in writing and reserver your right to reject the car of they do not fix the problem in the first attempt.

Water ingress is a serious problem as it causes long term damage if not sorted very quickly, I rejected a Vectra for this reason a few years ago as the dealer could not find or fix the problem.

Hi,

I posted earlier today regarding water in the passenger front and rear foot wells of a brand new Octavia.

Previous information regarding the gromet under the passenger side scuttle panel appears relavant to Octavia I models and not II. Any information on where this may be coming from or previous leaking MkII models would be much appreciated.:confused:

Regards

The doors leak sometimes due to the design of the carrier.

If you've had heavy rain/washed/pressure washed, then look for water on the top of the door rubber seals on the inside. If this is where it is leaking from then there is a dealer fix which is essentially applying sealant to all 4 doors.

Certainly get onto the dealer and reserve your right to reject the vehicle.

I would agree with post 2, threaten rejection and leave it at the dealers until it's fixed, so that you don't get hit for a charge of using the vehicle when they try to settle. I'd do a search to see others experiences on this course of action

Good luck

• 2 months later...

If you've had heavy rain/washed/pressure washed, then look for water on the top of the door rubber seals on the inside. If this is where it is leaking from then there is a dealer fix which is essentially applying sealant to all 4 doors.

ooh thanks for that... driving up the M6 this morning (was absolutely lashing it down and spray everywhere) and noticed my knee was wet... looked to see a drop of water hanging from the top of the door frame... got to work and saw that the seal seemed insufficient - i will get on their case (as well as get on the case about my brake vacuum problem which they failed to fix last time.... and maybe even the locking wheel nut covers that seem to have decided to run away from my car due to their loose fit)

quite disappointed about all these niggles as previous 3 skoda's were all fine (Fabia vrs) all after a combined 90k --- I suppose at least the warranty is there to sort them out :)

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem today. After the epic rain we've just had. it left me with a lot of water in the rear passenger foot well and a little water in the front passenger foot well.

The problem I found was the rear passenger door card was leaking water.

I used this video:

A couple of thing to keep in mind:

1. Be gentle when taking off the trim. It's best to buy some spare door card clips because they do break. Just search "skoda clips" in eBay. There are 7 clips on one door card.

2. After detaching one clip, get your fingers in between the door card and door and give it a good yank. This should pop off the other clips.

3. If the original seal is wet, try to dry it off as best you can.

4. A tell tell sign that your door cards are leaking without doing a test is to check the colour and condition of the original seals.

Take a look at the pictures I took of my car:

This is where the leak was coming from. As you can see the white spongy seal is rubbish & discoloured by mould, swollen and leaking water.

post-89251-0-09834000-1336073960_thumb.jpg

post-89251-0-79193500-1336073973_thumb.jpg

post-89251-0-61825100-1336073974_thumb.jpg

This is what the back of the door cards look like and where the clips are positioned. The clips at the bottom are located at the bottom of the door and the top clips at the top of the door.

post-89251-0-26732800-1336073987_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shbi

After my previous experiences with leaking Skoda's I always inspect my car after heavy rainfall, I have rubber floor mats and look under those also, they would show dampness easier.

I have a small dribble on my rear door cards after heavy rain, but (touches wood) not enough yet to warrant me taking the door card off. As it is not enough to collect on the rubber seal and seep through onto the carpet.

As for the door seals and the top where water has been reported I occasionally get this. I think with some of these problems it's the luck of the draw when it comes to whether a car leaks or not. In damp conditions my car does mist up slightly, but then so does my Fabia and it's just something I have come to accept.

Where abouts do they apply the sealant? Do they remove the original rubber seal and apply it behind there?

• 3 weeks later...