Need help fitting 18"/19" to my Octy

Im looking at the BBS Le Mans Replicas at BM Autosport and im kinda interested in the wheels in these sizes below and my question is, will they fit? I want a nice stance and some dish in the back.. going for the german look :)

18x8,5" ET35 Fronts

18x9.5" ET45 Back

Will this rub as hell or could i do anything with spacers?

Thanks in advance, Tomas.

Edited by scootie

i think mate 8j rims are as wide as you can go. the 9.5 will not go on withough spacers n then they will stick out the arch. i think ne way. et 35 is almost on the limit and only just fold away inside the arches and they do catch a fraction in the rear arches on std susp and with a little weight in. I know from exp mate lol.

and if you get wider wheels the car ill be slower lol.

all best

billy

As claytarget states 8j rims with a offset of ET35 and 18" is about the most you want to go with minimal problems, I get a very slight rub on the back , only cos the car is lowered quite a bit. Standard ET is 38 I beleive on 17" wheels. 9.5 inches on the back with 18" will be none driveable

The replica old style RS4 alloys shown on my avitar pic were 18"x8j being 33et offset. With a suspension drop of 30mm they only rubbed very, very slightly, only with a full load in the back. They didn't cause me no other issues, but did seem to look as if they stuck out a bit too much, thats why I fitted the milotec wheel arch extenstions.

Well im planning on buying coilovers since i need to change my suspension anyways. Going for something cheap on eBay, since the golf mk4 chassie is the same i'll go for some coils to that car.

Anyone ever tried to fit something bigger than 8,5" in the back and got a pic of it just to see how it looks?

How does 8,5" look? Im willing to roll the fenders and run spacers if it's necessary.

The octy just seems to be a very hard car to style, the golf mk4 takes 10" rims in the back without any probs and you can find nice aftermarket styling withouth any probs but for the octy it's a whole different issue with bodykits making it look like a ricer :/

Well if your willing to play about and roll arches etc i'm sure most wheels will fit with work,i run 8x19s and have rolled the front arches and pulled the rear arches to allow it to run pretty low,depends how much work your willing to do :D

mmmm as stated mate, If you want the car for looks then put what ever on but if you still want it to drive nice and handle well I would be careful.

Dont go for just any old crap for the coils.

make sure you get something made for the car as the golf has a smaller rear end so not as heavy.

like been stated the et35 is a nice fit and widens the look a bit but still folds up under the arches and only rubs a slight bit on the rear arch liners.

even iff you role the arches youll need to customise the liners too lol.

good luck mate

billy

Well im planning on buying coilovers since i need to change my suspension anyways. Going for something cheap on eBay, since the golf mk4 chassie is the same i'll go for some coils to that car.

:/

By very careful with fitting Golf suspension , although it will fit, it will totally bugger up the ride of the Octavia. Totally different poundages

The octy just seems to be a very hard car to style, the golf mk4 takes 10" rims in the back without any probs and you can find nice aftermarket styling withouth any probs but for the octy it's a whole different issue with bodykits making it look like a ricer :/

The rear end of the Octavia is basically a stretched golf but this means the rear under arches are not so acomandating as the golf.

I actually like the sleak lines of the Octy better than the Golf, and it does not need as much as a Golf does to spice it up. Well in my opinion anyway

By very careful with fitting Golf suspension , although it will fit, it will totally bugger up the ride of the Octavia. Totally different poundages

The rear end of the Octavia is basically a stretched golf but this means the rear under arches are not so acomandating as the golf.

I actually like the sleak lines of the Octy better than the Golf, and it does not need as much as a Golf does to spice it up. Well in my opinion anyway

I agree too mate, the vRS is a lovely lookin car in std trimand only needs one or 2 small things to make it even better. the full body kits are not needed imo and are hidiouse.

I agree too mate, the vRS is a lovely lookin car in std trimand only needs one or 2 small things to make it even better. the full body kits are not needed imo and are hidiouse.

haha totally agree ;D

Seems like the cupra front lip spolier is the only "big" improvement that you can make without destroying the appearance of the car :)

Thanks, but one question.

by poundages you mean different weight at the axles? because the coils im looking at are speced to 1050kg on front and back so they should be pretty ok.

As claytarget states 8j rims with a offset of ET35 and 18" is about the most you want to go with minimal problems, I get a very slight rub on the back , only cos the car is lowered quite a bit. Standard ET is 38 I beleive on 17" wheels. 9.5 inches on the back with 18" will be none driveable

How low is low mate?

if you look at my pics or clic on cardomain in my sig mate youll see how low i went first then I lifyed it a tad

it is a nicer ride now, I have never had trouble with anything rubbin witht he coilovers on only when I had the std sus on.

billy

If getting coilovers then get octavia vrs specific ones as golf/boras have a different anti roll bar set up and won't fit

I think you will find that the only coilovers that actually state for the Skoda VRS are V-MAXX.

KW's , Weitecs, AP etc, actually just list them for the 1U2 Octavia(Mark 1). These all come with the bracket that is needed for the VRS anti roll bar links and are also suitable poundage weights. Happy to be corrected though.

If you are fitting 1050kg springs then these are more than capable as the VRS I beleive lis 1000kg. Mine are Seat Cupra R at 1020Kg rated . Not sure what 1050Kg rated coilovers are out there across the VAG range that are listed for the Skoda..

mmmm Bow I got actual ones for the vRS, mine are 1000kg ones? cant see 20 kg doin much though????????

Can you remember the P/N as you may find that this is the standard octavia listed one on a number of performance sites. I bet you have these. Maybe some sites are now listing specific for VRS

example here:

Weitec / HICON GT Coilover Kits / Skoda Octavia; (1U) 2WD; Saloon, Estate (Front Axle weight Upto -1000) 02/97- / Euro Performance Car Parts

P/N Product code: 13282002