Another

• 2 weeks later...

You're determind to get the IC pipes through the engine bay:rofl:

The pipe where the strutbrace is, does look tight.

I wouldn't like to say if It would fit or not:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm that might actually work, Provided there is enough room to router the pipe past the battery and round the bulkhead on the Octy.

Edit:

Just had another look. There is approx 1 3/4" clearance between the strut brace and the TIP, also the n75 gets in the way of the pipe. The pipe which goes by the battery is fine and there is plenty of room. The engine in the Golf must sit a lot lower than the Octy engine to allow the pipes to go that way. There is a slight possibility of routing the pipe under the TIP with some custom pipe work, But where the OE pipe exits the turbo it is a very tight angle by the bulkhead to route off to the right and there are other pipes in the way too.

Edited by martziniuk

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sorted my intercooler!

My little brother had a few spare minutes at work this week so very kindly finished my beading tool.

Nice simple design, 2 wheels which clamp together and a 19mm nut to enable turning via the use of a socket.

beadingtool.jpg

beadingtool2.jpg

I had a little practice on an offcut before doing the actual pipes and the bead that was produced was really good.

practicebead.jpg

I then had a go for real and beaded up all my pipes.

usingtool.jpg

Once all the pipes were done, i put it all together.

coolerdone.jpg

At that point, it was 10pm last night so I downed tools and went to bed.

Got home today, trimmed down the threads on the clamps to tidy them up a bit, put the bumper and light s back on and gave it a blast up the road.

Initial results are very pleasing. Car feels more torquey, holds boost all the way up and nothing is leaking! Also, the intake manifold felt noticably cooler than it normally does after a good zoom so it's all good :D

Just gotta get the car on the rollers again now to see what difference this and my exhaust have made.

Nice tool buddy, looks like it took some making.

Looks like another nice job. I also felt more torque and more power at the top end. I will look forward to the RR results.

Been on my hols & only just read this. Nice job on getting the FMIC job finished;)

Hope everything went ok & your happy with it?

Your brother has done an excellent job engineering the bead m/c:thumbup:.

Yeah its nearly as good as my beading tool :P...it worked though :D

Good to see you guys making progress from the prototype :cool:

Yeah its nearly as good as my beading tool :P...it worked though :D

Good to see you guys making progress from the prototype :cool:

Ahh we can't leave your bead m/c out Martin;) Like you said It did the Job & easy to knock up:thumbup:

Picture.jpg

Been on my hols & only just read this. Nice job on getting the FMIC job finished;)

Hope everything went ok & your happy with it?

It all went pretty smoothly thanks and it's definately making a difference, feels more torquey low down and up top it just keeps pulling and pulling! I agree that my bro's tool is a good 'un, that engineering degree of his definately hasn't been wasted :rofl: