NOT for the squeamish!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor poor birdy. How far did you have to travel before you managed to get it grrrrr. The theme tune to Catch the pigeon is now stuck in my mind..... arrr get out. LOL

You should be able to get that split plasic welded and resprayed would look like new we have a bodyshop where i work you would be amazed what can be repaired these days!!! Roadkill seams to be getting rockhard these days we had a golf in that had hit a badger it mullered the front end and cracked the gearbox casing!!!!!!!!!! must have had a crash helmet on or something!! :rofl:

You should be able to get that split plasic welded and resprayed would look like new we have a bodyshop where i work you would be amazed what can be repaired these days!!! Roadkill seams to be getting rockhard these days we had a golf in that had hit a badger it mullered the front end and cracked the gearbox casing!!!!!!!!!! must have had a crash helmet on or something!! :rofl:

It is a little annoying because I used to work next door to a SMART repairer who used to plastic welding, but he packed it in a couple of months ago.

How much do yo think it would cost? Plastic welding and spraying?

i think its more to do with cars now being designed to give pedestrians a chance and let the car crumple instead of them if you hit them

Did you tell the flying squad......................................... :P

I saw that happen to a prison van about 10 years ago, except all that was sticking out was the tail feathers :eek:

Funnily enough I've just been adding some pics to a thread about my car & there's a pheasant in my bumper in that too... I've hit a fox since, so it was just as well I hadn't had the repairs done yet.

I just look at your pics...Its in more or less the exact same place as mine!

My Pheasant made it all the way through to the wheel arch liner, so I got a nice head shaped hole there too!

I know the feeling mate, My last car written off thanks to a cute little bambie :mad:

[ATTACH]27901[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27902[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27903[/ATTACH]

Not so little looking at the state of your car!

Bambi probably scratched the paintwork, it was the trees and hedges he went through taking avoiding action that did the rest (and we don't know what it looked like BEFORE the alleged impact) :eek:

The deer was not that big at all. It ran from trees at the side of the dual carriageway. I hit it in lane 1 at about 75mph. I didn't have time to react. The bonnet flew up and went through the windscreen. I did my best to keep the car on the road and ended up stopped in lane 2. The deer was just a pile of guts.

Very scary but common around here.