OE CD Player Probs - Discs ?

BRUN

Some VAG OE CD players (and some others) will not play copy protected audio CDs- I've certainly had it in the past.

I know that there was an incompatability problem with "home brewed" compilations with early CD car players but any VAG ones I've had did not seem to "suffer" from this. I'd reckon that its down to stiction on some of the moving mechansim - but never really got round to resolving it, flicking the mechanism around while the lid was off proved that there was indeed a mechanical issue somewhere, I think that I dumped it in the airing cupboard for a few weeks - and forgot all about it. Trouble now is, is I fix it, do I buy a cable and stick it in my B5 Passat and swop the single CD dash mounted player out of my wife's Polo 9N and fit my multi CD dash mounted player in her car (as 6>8 years on I still have not rearranged the Passat dash to take this player!).

"That's" some good information right there! Cheers for "that", as an audiophile I may just have to purchase myself some of these discs.

Can I also assume their DVD-Rs are of similar quality? I've got a few home videos (no, not THAT kind!) that have been transferred onto DVD that I'd never want to lose, so perhaps I need to look into copying them onto a more reliable brand of media.

And sorry this isn't Skoda related. GO SKODA! ;)

Wicked! ;)

I bought 600 CD'rs the other day for work.. I have soooooo many flippin 100 disc spindle's now I dunno what to do with em.

We use Taiyo Yudens's DVD's as well, they're not as important to our work so haven't been as intensely tested as the CDR's but all of our back-up's (until recently, when we went to hard disc) are on them and (knock on wood) no failures yet... always spin up just fine.