Octavia VRS 200bhp TFSI unavailable

Hi All,

Recently joined the forum so :orb_wave:

I am in the market to get a new VRS and apparently they don't have the petrols for sale anymore :confused:

The LE diesels are available, but was really after a petrol and am a bit gutted that I cant even get a standard VRS in petrol. I spoke to several dealers and they have no idea when the 09 model is coming out either....

Yeah I thought they'd be pretty interested in getting me a sale, but the dealer I spoke to seemed disinterested :rotz:

Well I'm going for a test drive on the weekend, lets see what I think of the diesel one...

BTW, does any of you have any tips for haggling with a dealer ? :rolleyes:

welcome to Briskoda. :thumbup:

I'd suggest you have three option to get a 'new' vRS TFSI (or TSI) -

1. keep searching the dealers for a LE version or Pre Reg or Ex-Demonstrator, or

2. consider a pre-owned one, see here;- http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/results.aspx or

3. Wait for the 'facelift' version due out in a few weeks, see here;- http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/octavia-ii-rs-facelift/143159/

Good luck.

Edited by bahnstormer vrs

Thanks for the quick reply guys :thumbup:

I think I'll keep a lookout for pre-reg and if not wait for the face-lift model :rotz:

Maybe I'll be better off waiting as I might get the benefit of scrapping my car..

Ordering for the RS stops, here in Germany on the 18th. This is ordering the pre facelift (interior facelifted version).

Takes a little and than you can order the facelifted RS. (think it was beginning of may)

as mentioned, why not go for a used one? even 3 months old you can still save an absolute fortune

My passat should have been 27k rrp, I got it at 6 months and paid just over 12k instead, now im not saying you could get that good a saving on a vRS but theres savings certainly to be had

Im in the same postion ive been looking for a pertol VRS for ages my local skoda dealer are trying desperatley to sell me a brand new unregistered Diesel 170CR for 15.5k which would be great if i wanted one! They even offered me a very good part ex deal but they reckon they cant get petrol Vrs's anywhere.

P.s the attitude of some dealers is terrible my local Skoda dealer in swansea has been very helpfull ive phoned a few other to see what stock they have and its as if they cant be bothered! No wounder the car industry is in a mess!!

When I was in the market for a TFSI vRS Octy at the start of March my dealer told me there were no more new in the UK and I'd have to wait till mid April for a new one.

Luckly there were some limited editions left and I managed to get my mitts on a TSi, which is great :)

From what others are saying and my experience, it seems that Skoda are running down production of the old vRS before the new facelift starts in a month or so time. Though I'd still go for a second opinion and see another dealer, just to make sure if you have your heart set on one - its only a quick check on the computer for them after all.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks for the very useful suggestions guys! I went for a test drive on a diesel LE and it was nice! They only offered the vat off deal on it as well.

I'm not too keen on the LE as the only good things seems to be the leather seats, I'd rather get the standard VRS and have options like the maxidot, auto wipers & lights, rear parking sensors and paint.

Anyone have an idea on the depreciation of the vRS's in 3 years?

cheers !

P.s the attitude of some dealers is terrible my local Skoda dealer in swansea has been very helpfull ive phoned a few other to see what stock they have and its as if they cant be bothered! No wounder the car industry is in a mess!!

I bet I can guess who they are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The initials WD spring too mind.

I bet I can guess who they are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The initials WD spring too mind.

All the way to cheltenham yesterday to see what looked on paper as a mint 56 plate 2.0TFSI in race blue with a good spec! I had been told over the phone it was a mint car turned out to be a right mess. The back bumper had one of the worst repairs i have ever seen you could see they had painted straight over a crack and it was all rippled! What is wrong with these people!!!!! whatever happened to honesty is the best policy!!!!

What is wrong with these people!!!!! whatever happened to honesty is the best policy!!!!

I suppose they are hoping that the buyer won't notice, but pretty well everyone that actually looks wil be disappointed, and therefore be unlikely to purchase. It is much better to be slightly pessimistic in your description, so potential purchasers get a pleasant surprise when they actually inspect the goods.

There is a good reason the saying Caveat Emptor* has persisted, even though the Romans have long since retreated back to Italy :rolleyes:

*latin for Buyer Beware