Sister's Corsa turning pink

Aspman

Sis has an 02 plate Corsa SXI in non-metallic red. It's going quite seriously pink.

I had a google about and I think that the paint is oxidised. Info seems to say that the flat Vauxhall red is a single coat with not clear coat layer that's why it oxidises and goes pink.

Am I right in thinking that?

If I'm right they it should be possible to bring back the paint with a proper machine polish. I don't have the kit or the chemicals.

Does anyone know of a reliable valeter in the Dundee/Perth area that could get the paint back to colour for her?

She's considering selling the car but it's very low mileage and I think she might be better to keep it.

Does anyone know of a reliable valeter in the Dundee/Perth area that could get the paint back to colour for her?

She's considering selling the car but it's very low mileage and I think she might be better to keep it.

i think polished bliss are up your way mate...

Detailing Services - Prestige Cars - Performance Cars - Supercars - Aberdeen - Scotland - UK

hth

me and a friend had red astras years ago, his was a quick wash at the car wash and me was a wash and wax. Needless to say his turned pinkish a few years later and mine still had a deep red shine. might be worth going over it with AG resin, seal it in with the gloss and then top up with wax.

I'm in a similar dilemma. My dad has a pink/red Vauxhall Corsa 54 reg.

Anyway last weekend I gave it some serious elbow grease with AG SRP and brought it back to its complete glory of red. However as soon as I tried to put on any wax...it went pink again!

Next step was gonna be t-cut or something a bit more abrasive.

Rather do this myself and put money into products than pay someone else (no offence intended). Any one got any ideas on this?! Might get him to take it back as its got a 10 year body warranty!

Now we have two opposing opinions in our family -

Daughter - "no way I'm having PINK car/wheel /etc"

Granddaughter "I want a pink car"

So I can't really comment for sake of having my fave G/D nag me to bits or my anti pink (biker leathered up )daughter having a good old go :rofl::rofl::D

Thanks for the replies.

It's a LOT worse than that golf. The car is uncared for, she washes it often enough but never waxes.

I had a go at the bonnet this morning with the Maguires 3 stage stuff I have for the Octy. It made a big difference but I didn't get any pink on the cloths so I expect it to turn back to pink over the next week.

I've told her it'll probably need to go to a valeter (Polished Bliss probably is the nearest place with a decent rep) to get the paint machine polished. Prob with that is that it'll just fade again over time.

I think the probable action will be that she will look for a new car, and we'll polish it up for valuation and handing it over.

Its quite easy to get rid of as they are all saying.I polished a vauxhall van ex royal mail for someone about a month ago and it was pink it came back very nice.I have a few pictures.It does take a while to do.I was using an udm and menzerna polish.

28370.attach

28371.attach

28372.attach

28373.attach

Edited by 4x4t

My workmate has asked me to have a go at his 02 red Astra thats pink, as his wife has been complaining about it.

After a closer inspection the laquer is flaking off the paint:eek:

Its never been polished or waxed while he's owned It:rotz: & he's had it for a few years now.

I'm in a similar dilemma. My dad has a pink/red Vauxhall Corsa 54 reg.

Anyway last weekend I gave it some serious elbow grease with AG SRP and brought it back to its complete glory of red. However as soon as I tried to put on any wax...it went pink again!

Next step was gonna be t-cut or something a bit more abrasive.

Rather do this myself and put money into products than pay someone else (no offence intended). Any one got any ideas on this?! Might get him to take it back as its got a 10 year body warranty!

Red turtle wax t cut stuff (the colour coded) if you put this on after a few washes it has wax built into it too and once its built up a strong enough coat just use a stronger wax.