Going To St Ives For A long Weekend

RichieVRS

As title suggests going to St Ives for a short break this weekend and planning to go to all the surrounding areas with SWMBO (Lands end, Eden Project That sort of thing)

1) If you see me give us a beep :)

2) Anyone got any good suggestions what to do while we are there?

depends what you want to do, there is the cornish cyder farm which gets a thumb up from me, a walk along the beach from hayle (next to st ives), goonhilly and the seal sanctuary comes to mind.

Don't bother with Lands End, you pay a parking fee, then an entrance fee, then a fee for every attraction you go to when you're in!

If you fancy a nice beachy walk, I would recommend Falmouth beaches. Park down at Swanpool, and do the walk to Castle beach, then go around the Point.

Great walk, with fantastic views.

Let me know if you come down Falmouth way, it's on my doorstep.

If you want the rugged Cornwall, then head for the likes of Porthtowan /St Agnes as there are some great walks around the coastal paths. Make sure you have your camera with you as if its a bit blowy, youll get some fantastic shots of the waves crashing against the cliffs, or if its pretty calm ,you may be lucky and see the basking sharks as this is the start of their annual Cornish trip:thumbup:

enjoy the beaches hope its the weather, have a pasty from philps in hayle and then a ice cream from mr b's. Head down to the lizard for a pasty at anns famous! was on ITV and then later in the day fish and chips at the smugglers they are the best fresh f&c i know. Truro is nice to vist, enjoy costal walks around most areas will have a great time!:thumbup:

As Djswivel said, don't bother with lands end, if you want to experience the Lands End

feeling without being ripped off, take the coast road from St Ives ( a great drive ) head west

down to Sennan and on to St Just, from there a short drive ( Quarter Mile ) brings you

to Cape Cornwall, it's geographicly pretty much lands end. Some other good sites along

the way too. You can then carry on out to Penzance/Newlyn/Mousehole then back to

St Ives in 20 minutes on the A30:)

Cape Cornwall..

cape-from-priests.jpg

38143666feJLrK_fs.jpg

Edited by leeland

I was investigating the best beaches down that way the other day. There is one right down almost as far as you can get, but on the south coast. I can't remember what it's called, I think it begins with a C. I'm off to Watergate bay tomorrow and I'm easily spotted by the Animal board pads on my roofrack, so look out for me!!

If you do visit Hayle, then I can thorough recommend Mr. B's for an ice cream. All home made, even the waffle cones, and absolutely delicious!

My personal favourites are the Snickers and ToffeeChoc flavours.

Marazion might also be a resonable bet, especially if you fancy seeing St. Michaels Mount. It's not open on a Saturday, though.

Bagpuss.