xenon bulbs for fog lights.

All,

Anyone know why the foglights dont have xenon bulbs to match the main bi-xenon lights.

In most other cars I see with xenon the fogs are the same and overall they look better esthetically.

The different bulbs in the Sup II doesnt look as good.

Are xenon bulbs available for the fog lights and if so does anyone have them and are they an advantage or not.

DF

You can get xenon foglight bulbs from HIDS4U.co.uk however why would you want them? My mate has them in his octy vRS and apart from looking blueish they don't do much that ordinary fogs don't do. My advice would be to save yourself £100 or so and get some 100w Phillips Ralleye bulbs and use them instead. You ain't gonna use the fogs that much to warrant paying for xenons.

Plus I ain't seen a car with xenon fogs as OEM they are done aftermarket :confused:

Carl :thumbup:

What about cornering?Firstly,I guess they won't be efficient because they light up pretty slow.Moreover,because of multiple on-off switching I think their lifetime would be reduced.

What about those 100w Phillips Rallyebulbs?Do they match with the oem xenon color?

Other than "because it's daylight, and a combined switch forces me to use the fronts when I really want heads plus rear fogs", why would you ever have front fogs and headlights on together anyway?

Maybe because in some contries it's not illegal :P.Anyway,I saw a Maybach with xenon cornering fog lights and I can say it makes a huge difference in aspect :thumbup:

"Not illegal" is not the same thing as "actually a good idea". All front foglights do when they're not essential (nighttime, and visibility under 100m) is increase dazzle for other road users in the wet, and reduce the distance you can see in the dark because they over-illuminate your near field.

I personally hate people that drive with their foglights on the times i have really needed front foglights on i can count on one hand

"Not illegal" is not the same thing as "actually a good idea". All front foglights do when they're not essential (nighttime, and visibility under 100m) is increase dazzle for other road users in the wet, and reduce the distance you can see in the dark because they over-illuminate your near field.

I said not illegal as a joke,but the main reason for which I would like to have xenon fog lights is that the xenon cornering fog lights really look great.Besides that,I guess you never was in my country:rofl:.There are some roads where you can't drive faster than 10 mph and fog lights really do their job in helping you not to lose a wheel or something :thumbdwn:

I said not illegal as a joke,but the main reason for which I would like to have xenon fog lights is that the xenon cornering fog lights really look great.Besides that,I guess you never was in my country:rofl:.There are some roads where you can't drive faster than 10 mph and fog lights really do their job in helping you not to lose a wheel or something :thumbdwn:

I was entirely serious; my point is about human factors and physiology, rather than about legality or otherwise.Good guess about me not being in your country, but that's the one time I do use fogs in clear conditions, is when I'm going slow on a really bad surface.

Why does everyone need to be so hostile on these forums? The guy asked a simple question and gets jumped about illegal use of fogs? Seriously, WTF.

I also want more blue'ish fogs because of the cornering-function on the Superb. It simply looks silly to have bright white/blue'ish xenons and then having your yellow'ish fogs light up everytime you corner. If they are both in the same color-tint, things would look neater.

It's a personal thing and as the French say: les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas !

Tell you what; if you don't like our motoring laws, come over here and campaign to have them changed, rather than whinge about people reminding others of what they are.

Most of the discussion is on the human and technical factors reasons as to why xenon fog lights are a bad idea, and no amount of "but it looks prettier when I can't see it" will change those.

Thanks for all the comments but it was only a light hearted question and as in the original question I thought that in the cars I've seen "overall they look better esthetically" than the yellow fogs.

I wanted to see if anyone had changed theirs and if there are any issues.

Thanks Again

I agree with cloink.Anyway,I don't think it's illegal to have xenon fog lights!? If someone wants to use them everytime it's their problem,it doesn't matter if they are normal or xenon bulbs.

If anyone has some pics please share them :thumbup:

Actually it may be specifically illegal in the UK; you can use fogs in place of dipped headlights, and the DoT would like us to believe that you can't have Xenon dips without headlight washers and automatic self-leveling (lights or suspension).

That's aside from my looking at cars with dipped headlights and fogs and thinking the message is "look at me; I am too stupid to use a light switch properly".