Skoda Builds New Fabia vRS

Speaking to Richard, the manager at Loders Skoda in Yeovil, there will be 2 versions of the Fabia vRS for launch in another new shape (version III) for next summer. A 1.4 TFSI petrol and a new Diesel (didn't say what engine) and confirmed 170BHP

Speaking to Richard, the manager at Loders Skoda in Yeovil, there will be 2 versions of the Fabia vRS for launch in another new shape (version III) for next summer. A 1.4 TFSI petrol and a new Diesel (didn't say what engine) and confirmed 170BHP

1.6CR-135hp :rolleyes:

It look the same a a normal mk2 fabia...how does anyone think it's a vrs?

ha ha I saw someones comments about big brakes from the web site. It has steel wheels on, you can't see the brakes lol. I think they thought the wheel under neath the plastic wheel trim was the brake.

In that case HUGE brakes!

It look the same a a normal mk2 fabia...how does anyone think it's a vrs?

It's a test mule - they are testing the mechanical aspects of the car, they use a standard shell as the VRS external details would get too much attention and they may not even have even finished the external aspects of the car yet!

Lee

My guess is that they're testing the internals only. Not sure why they've disguised the front end though. It doesn't look different enough to the Fabia Sport to warrant a VRS badge just yet. And the alloys are not sporty at all.

I expect a lot more otherwise it won't sell simple as.

Sorry Skoda, that looks awful...

Have u seen spy pics of Superb before launch ? That will be the same with Furby i think .

But 1.4 and about 170PS ?? ... fantastic :)

• 2 weeks later...

am really intrested to understand why people think the new one will have 170bhp?? the ibiza cupra and balhongerere (how ever its spelt!) has the claimed 170bhp thats starting between 16.995 and 17.995 for the balhongegegergergegaz version. let say the new fabia is 13.995 thats still 3 - 4 less than a ibiza, I think its safe to say its not going to have that much bhp. Spoke to one of the guys at my local skoda dealer, he said the delay in the new vrs was due to them struggling to actually mount the engine in the fabia's body, he said there will be a 122bhp 1.4TSi Engine and that its been confirmed there will be a 1.6 CR Derv engine in there. Depending on european demand

I'm liking those concept designs!

they're very nice ain't they? it's actually not very far from the real fabia from what i could see, just a few spoilers and darkening of the headlamps etc, but it makes a hell of a difference