2000 Octavia Facelift.

What is the difference between the 1998-2000 and 2000-2004 octavias, I see the front bumper is slightly different in that the plastic lower grill has been changed.

How about the headlights?

The Taillights are slightly different on the back too.

How much did the interior change my 1999 is exactly the same as a 2003 elegance inside :confused:

Also do facelift parts fit the prefacelift easily i.e headlights, taillamps, front bumper etc.

;) Thanks Johnny.

I believe that the rear lights are a direct replacement. Front lights however also require the new bumper. I don't know it those are otherwise just snap-on replacements but I do know it can be done, I know one car that has had this done to it.

Edit: To quote KenONeill from another thread:

"Main things that changed that you'd notice are front and rear bumpers, wings and lights. So to make a pre-facelift car look post facelift you'd need new bumpers, all exterior lights, front wings, bonnet and grilles (all 4)."

Well, that pretty much sums it up then...

Edited by Sampolainen
oopsie-doo

I didn't know that the pre-facelift cars didn't have 3 rear head restraints! Anyway, since I never carry 3 rear passengers, I removed the centre one and found a use for the better rear vision!

Mmm

That is how I got to do a quick glance to find out at the time from outside the car

As when they was selling off the pre facelift the facelift was already out , they did a 24 hour test drive at the time too , I got in touch with all the Taxi companies in our area for them to have the 24 hour test drive too

Was fun

You should see how many taxi Octy`s there are in our area now too

Sarah

There is also a difference with the front indicator housings but they do look the same but there is a difference in the bracket that secures the housing to the body of the car.

I found this out when a transit van cracked my front indicator housing and thought that a housing from a 2000 octy would be fine but it wasnt.

These car manufacturers like to make little changes now and again - it must cost them a fortune and you can hardly tell.

I don't think I be bothered with all the work, particularly as my car is in generally great condition besides a small scrap to the back bumper which I'll do at the weekend.

Anyone recommend any mods?

Any nice decals that I can put on the car to make it, well a little less taxi-ish, I bet anyone that a white octavia will be flagged down at 3 in the morning by some drunk.

Also with regards to chipping I believe my has had a remap or tuning box haven't had time to look under the bonnet yet but I believe it's putting out 109ps now anyway I can make it any better digital tuning box say they can get upto 140bhp out of the 90ps engine but I don't really believe them you know the tuning boxes with like normal, tuning and extreme settings?

They're well made these octavias.

GLX is reasonably kitted out, although I don't understand the fact it has parking sensors but no remote central locking and the fact it also is missing rear speakers and only has front tweeters and front 6.5'' speakers.

looks like some has hacked the ISO connector to the rear speaker wiring of the headunit, it's a right mess :mad:anyway I think I'll add any amplifier for extra chavisity.

I'm missing my 406 :( but these VAG cars are excellent :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

Thanx 4 the info. I also need to change my front bumper from my 1999 model and was wondering whether the facelift-one fits.

Iknow that one needs to change the lights but am not sure that one needs new wings. I thought about it and decided just to paint

the black plastics silver. In case you run something over on the street, you can always change that lower part on the 1999 models.

The new facelift- bumper is all 1 part and looks really nasty if acratched or somehow damaged. Yes, rear lights are a direct replacement,

although I believe that the old- ones where more serious/ better looking. I also wanted to replace my allu- wheels with the 6-stared ones from Octavia 5.

I read once that the engine of the 2000 facelift models is 92% different and the interior has some minor changes, like slimmer front seats, so passengers

have a few more cms at the back. One can replace the front seats from Audi S3, or Golf 4 gti and the whole interior with that one of Seat Toledo.

There have been also improvements to the suspension.

I changed the front speakers with a set of pioneer and also put 1 more set at the back (made holes at the trunk- cover- etagier).

Mechanically those cars are good and one can travel in comfort and safety, but I had quality issues with the windows and the central locking.

At 120.000 I had to replace my gear-box with one of Golf4. I know people however that have driven 500.000 without any repairs. January of 2000 my

car costed a bit more than 16000 euros and now one can buy it with only 3000- 4000. Kind of sad. Still prefer keeping it for more than 10 years

(my ols Toyta is 26 years old and still works perfectly)instead og givinh it in such a price.

Wish you all the best guys and girls. Drive safely ;-)

Edited by papakazas

• 11 months later...

Hi, sorry to highjack but I wanted to know if this lamo fits a 1999 Octavia L&K

http://www.skodapart...2000-2009-50258

OCTAVIA XENON GAS DISCHARGE HEADLAMP LEFT 2000-2009

BODY ONLY

Because where I live the only skoda dealer is quoting me around US$1,000 per headlamp, and on the web all I can find are the ones posted above.

Later I'll figure out how to get these from the UK down to Peru, but I refuse to spend $2,000 on my headlamps (glass smashed in a slight collision, the mount is fine)

Thanks a bunch,

Augusto

post-102166-0-85172600-1365613368_thumb.png

Glass = prefacelift plastic is facelift so if yours is glass there's a good chance in won't fit. However I haven't heard of a prefacelift l&k so could be wrong lol

Sent from my dad's old HTC Incredible S, not a dodgy s3!

Thanks Raf,

Mine is a pre-facelift 1999 L&K. Seeing as the chassis didn't change (it didn't did it?), what I don't know is if the mount points are the same – basically if I could have done a straight swap regardless of the accident.

Thanks and I'll wait and see if any other info comes in... it's 2 grand!!!!!!!!!

The front end did change with the facelift pre facelift won't fit facelift and vice versa, think you need to go to a European country with a empty suitcase and visit some scrapyards lol. Dunno which side of the road you drive on over there hence European lol

Sent from my dad's old HTC Incredible S, not a dodgy s3!

Hi, sorry to highjack but I wanted to know if this lamo fits a 1999 Octavia L&K

http://www.skodapart...2000-2009-50258

OCTAVIA XENON GAS DISCHARGE HEADLAMP LEFT 2000-2009

BODY ONLY

Not sure about the Xenon lamps but the levelling motors and the associated wiring harness are different pre/post FL - which is why I have a set of pre-FL lamps spare ;)

Take a look at www.parcel2go.com to get some ideas of shipping cost, but do make sure the lamps are very well packed - I've had two headlamps killed by carriers in the UK alone.

Regards, Mike

Not sure about the Xenon lamps but the levelling motors and the associated wiring harness are different pre/post FL - which is why I have a set of pre-FL lamps spare ;)

Take a look at www.parcel2go.com to get some ideas of shipping cost, but do make sure the lamps are very well packed - I've had two headlamps killed by carriers in the UK alone.

Regards, Mike

Mike thanks,Did you manage to get a look at your headlamps? Are they clear glass or "focusing" glass?Thanks,Augusto

Mike thanks,Did you manage to get a look at your headlamps? Are they clear glass or "focusing" glass?Thanks,Augusto

Haven't been able to check yet but will try tomorrow if weather permits.

I do know the lenses are glass, however, as are all pre-FL standard headlamps.

Did your car have glass or plastic lenses?

Regards, Mike

(using Tapatalk on Android)

Haven't been able to check yet but will try tomorrow if weather permits.

I do know the lenses are glass, however, as are all pre-FL standard headlamps.

Did your car have glass or plastic lenses?

Regards, Mike

(using Tapatalk on Android)

Mine were clear glass, which got promptly smashed in a slight collision - so that and my year of fabrication pegs my Octavia a pre-FL....

Mine were clear glass, which got promptly smashed in a slight collision - so that and my year of fabrication pegs my Octavia a pre-FL....

We appear to be getting mixed messages as to exactly what lights you need. Can you describe the reflectors please?

How many bulbs are fitted? Is there a projector unit on the outside? Which bulb fitments does each fitting use?

We appear to be getting mixed messages as to exactly what lights you need. Can you describe the reflectors please?

How many bulbs are fitted? Is there a projector unit on the outside? Which bulb fitments does each fitting use?

The part numbers are:- 1U1941017B (left)- 1U1941018B (right). They have the (1) side fog lights, (2) the little parking light bulb and (3) the large high/low bulb.Pics from web attached. I'll take some from the vehicle today.Thanks,

post-102166-0-75537500-1365782682_thumb.jpg

post-102166-0-38167400-1365782692_thumb.jpg

OK, I ran down to take some pics (it's 9:20 am over here).... If you guys need I take out one of the lamps for clarification, can do later...

But basically my searches by part no. come up with those lamps I posted (prices about 150 euro ea.)... Better than the $800 they want to charge me over here!

post-102166-0-26072800-1365862788_thumb.jpg

post-102166-0-82016300-1365862803_thumb.jpg

post-102166-0-16496400-1365862815_thumb.jpg