glowplug warning light flashing!?!

Yes, this is a warrantable item.

The gas pressure sensors are a known weakness, so much so that the Skoda Assist technicians (usually RAC vans) often carry these sensors with them. There are three, two either side of the DPF and one on the turbo.

Your fault code suggests sensor three, although I'm unsure which of the three sensors sensor '3' is.

Get it booked in ASAP, if the failed sensor is on the DPF it is likely that if it is means the DPF won't be regenerating as it should be.

Thanks Silver1011, dealer replaced under warranty bank 1 sensor 3 as DTC suggested and problem now sorted. I believe it was the post DPF one but can't be sure.

Best regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Flashing light and limp mode on way into work again this morning, 2nd time in a month. Pulled over, turned off engine for couple of minutes restarted and away to go with no further issues. Know something is not right though:

Seems to not be pulling as well as it did a couple of months ago, with noticable flat spots, plus also noticed a significant decrease in economy. Switched jobs in August so doing an extra 50 or motorway miles a day and until mid/end of December have been getting 540-560 miles out of a tank with sensible driving. Since the the start o fthe year though and certainly the first flashing glowplug light issue, I have had the DPF light on regularly (which does clear after 10-15 mins on the M4) and am struggling to get 500 miles out a tank.

• 3 years later...

I get the the flashing glow plug on my 2007 1.9 td if I drive for more than 20 mins no limp mode still drives fine and brake lights still working. If switch engine off for a while the light still comes on but goes off after a couple of minutes but comes back on after 20 minutes of driving. Took it to a garage for a diagnostic it came up with fuel additive low or empty. Garage said there's a tank under spare wheel in boot?????? Had a look there is no tank there or anywhere in boot. Do 2007 models have additive tanks?