Liquid Gauge for Fabia MkI Feeler

fletch555

Hey guys

Good news....Steve(SWG) has the vent mount ready....he's just looking for some feedback before putting it into production....see pictures below

I am going to ask him about the possibilty of a centre mounted mount but has anyone got anything else they want to feedback to him re the prototype?

fabiaracediagnosticsuni.jpg

fabiaracediagnosticsmou.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it but I just don't think you'll be able to see it in that vent - won't your right hand and wrist get in the way?

And the bottom left corner needs to be "squarer."

Nice to see that it' not a "blended" solution like other cars - that way of doing it would make it really easy to return the vent to stock when selling on...

Do you know if he's got his project box mount ready?

I agree dxg and I did express that concern to Steve, to which he replied

"Hi fletch555

The plan was always to supply just the insert with the RD kit (ref: previous insert picture) so people can retro fit them into their original vent housing, although I can supply the complete unit if required.

Cheers

Steve"

I'm not sure if that means the insert will fit into any of the vents so I've emailed Steve and asked him to confirm....still awaiting a reply

I'm not sure if that means the insert will fit into any of the vents so I've emailed Steve and asked him to confirm....still awaiting a reply

Although the middle vent unit comes apart into two separate units just like the driver's and passenger's ones, each of the middle vent assemblies are much wider than the side ones, so it won't fit in the middle locations.

Viz (middle vent on the right):

3843280603_673edc30a4.jpg

Edited by dxg

Okay guys, Steve at swg says he will make either the centre vent mount of the the drivers side mount but not both. Can we have a vote on which one everyone would prefer. I'll start

Please add your name to whichever vent you would prefer. Highest count wins :)

Centre Mount Votes

1. fletch555

Drivers Side Mount Votes

Anyone live near Cornwall able to show the centre vent to swg motorsport? Steve in there has some concerns that the centre vent isn't as easy to remove as the drivers side one and might pose a difficulty for owners trying to fit the gauge. I won't be home for another 2 days and have never removed the centre vent so can't check myself. Does anyone know if it's as easy as the drivers side vent to remove?

Guys, I'm going to have to pull out of this. It doesn't look like it's going to get the numbers and, while I could have afforded it a couple of months ago, it's a different story now...

Sorry.

Having seen one in the flesh, I can confirm that it's a great device and, if I still had the cash to hand, I'd jump at it. Maybe next year...

Centre Mount Votes

1. fletch555

2.Fast Fitz

3. Mark_vRS

4. Polo6n1600i

Drivers Side Mount Votes

• 2 weeks later...
It's all the same unit - you just select whether you have a diesel engine or a petrol one.

I may come back into this if the price is low enough and we need numbers to cross the viability threshold.

Bought mine now and installed :)

Okay lads...as I expected, there wasn't really enough interest for swg to warrant developing a new centre vent pod as they had already done 99% of the dev work on the drivers side one.

Can I confirm everyone that is still interested?

1. fletch555

Okay lads...as I expected, there wasn't really enough interest for swg to warrant developing a new centre vent pod as they had already done 99% of the dev work on the drivers side one.

Can I confirm everyone that is still interested?

1. fletch555

fletch can you confirm the total price for the vent mount and liquid gauge :thumbup: