How often do you guys....

gazmanvrs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only need to do it every 10K miles.

Would that just apply to a standard car though? surely if your upping the bhp and torque by quite a bit the engine is working harder thus degrading the oil quicker?

Would that just apply to a standard car though? surely if your upping the bhp and torque by quite a bit the engine is working harder thus degrading the oil quicker?

A diesel Fabia is not a high performance engine even when tuned. Modern synthetic oil is very clever stuff, OTOH if you were running it on single weight mineral oil... :)

Also it all depends I guess how long your going to keep the car. Now my car has probably depreciated but about 50% over the past couple of years and the amount of miles I do I may as well run it into the ground. Besides that it is a great car to drive anyway.

On that note I would like as many miles as possible out for the car. I think regular oil changes will achive this (every 6 months or 5k). Some may dis-agree.

Gaz

I don't think that there is any harm in changing the oil every 5k. But that would cost me a fortune as I'd need to change it 5 times or more a year :D. Every 10k is fine for me :)

I do it (well the garage does it), once a year, every year, which is normally after 7-8 K miles.

For PD engines, it does not matter whether it's a mineral, a semi or fully synthetic oil as long as it meets VW 505.01 spec and is 5W-40.

I do it (well the garage does it), once a year, every year, which is normally after 7-8 K miles.

For PD engines, it does not matter whether it's a mineral, a semi or fully synthetic oil as long as it meets VW 505.01 spec and is 5W-40.

Are there any mineral oils that will meet 505.01?

To the OP: Every 10k, which pans out to 9 months or so. Any oil that meets 505.01 will be pretty good quality, so it shouldn't need very frequent changes. I'd just stick to 10k/12 months.

Re: the price- it's not that expensive. Site sponsor Opie Oils do some deals, and GSF do 4L of Fuchs Supersyn 505.01 for £28.50.

you don't need to change your oil, allow the oil to run down to minimum on the dipstick and top up with fresh. Following this cycle, old oil is replaced with new.

Errrrrr I do hope your joking!!

I have adopted this method on all my cars, and not had one iota of a problem. What I save on oil changes in terms of materials and cost, I save towards my replacement car.

Maybe you keep buying knackered cars, cause the oil shouldn't drop that much! Never had to top up my Audi, or Octavia, or Fabia, or Lupo, or G-plate Corrolla, or L-plate Vento.

:eek:

Maybe you keep buying knackered cars, cause the oil shouldn't drop that much! Never had to top up my Audi, or Octavia, or Fabia, or Lupo, or G-plate Corrolla, or L-plate Vento.

:eek:

more than likely, straight from the manufacturer to the stealers