Update on fogged up front fog lights

dealer rang this afternoon saying they are replacing the seals on my car next month. Skoda UK have finally realised that some of the seals are faulty.

I put my car in for some warranty work on the sunroof earlier this week and asked if there had been any recalls. When they checked Skoda's system I was told that the two things that needed checked on my car (which was built Dec 08 - and delivered Jan 09) were a) the lights on the rear window needed checked, as there had been problems AND B) that my foglights were to be changed.

What's interesting is that I hadn't complained about my foglights - and there is NO condensation present. However, the units weren't changed when they had the car as there is now a shortage of parts and they are on back-order. It seems that Skoda only issued the recall notice on 23 July, so it may not be well known yet.

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer mentioned this to me today , since my foglights have no moisture i'm more than happy to monitor the situation and just for it to go in if required , are they simply checking or replacing all of them faulty or not??

My dealer mentioned this to me today , since my foglights have no moisture i'm more than happy to monitor the situation and just for it to go in if required , are they simply checking or replacing all of them faulty or not??

I was told they were just replacing them. There are no visible problems with my fog lights. It could be Skoda have struck a deal with the supplier over a faulty batch and want the matter sorted rather than let it drag on. I got a phone call yesterday to say my 'lights were now in' and to make arrangements to take the car in for the exchange (hope it's not a refurbished pair!).

Don't use a pressure washer, but, after heavy rain or normal car washing the bottom of the fog lamps sit in water due to a lip on the front valance. If the seal is not correctly installed at the bottom of the lamp, between the lens and lamp body water can enter. It does on mine the dealer was not interested I have now arranged with another dealer to maintain my car. They said the lamps could have been changed with no problem by Skoda in January when I first complained.

It'd be intresting to see if the fog light issue is caused by power washers, if anyone has the problem and uses one please post up, and vice versa if you don't.

My car has always been pressure washed although i dry the car afterwards so there would be no water sitting around the fog lamp seals

Had my Fog Lights replaced in January due to water ingress. No quibbles getting authorisation from SUK and it was done very efficiently by my local dealer. Had a phone call from the Dealer today to say there was a recall notice and would I bring the car in for checking. Seems until the car is examined it will remain on the register as being unchecked. Car is in for a 20000 mile service soon so it will be done then.

• 1 month later...

Just had my fog lights replaced this week too. Been waiting ages for them, though. Parts seem to be really scarce at the moment, as I've been waiting nearly 4 months for a new drivers side B-pillar trim (which the dealer broke).

Bagpuss.