warning chime at 120km/h

hello my friends

i have a little question, i have an octavia 2009 , when i was driving last night at 130 km/h i got a chime warning me since i passed the 120 km/h

i checked the mfd i found that the speed warning was set to 170 km/h . so why i am getting this warning at 120 ???????

A friend of mine with a Passat mentioned this feature is one you can turn on but not turn off using VAG com...

Quickest way to turn it of I beleive is to undo the speedo cable so it doent register the speed and make the annoying sound ? :rofl:

Speedo cable? they were from the dark ages, it's all electronics and sensors these days. :rotz:

Ours is set to 75, and it does make you slow down. We have maxidot, so set ourselves.

I believe to cancel, you need to set it back to 0 in maxidot or vagcom. As SMStext says, also check the winter tyre settings as this overides any other higher speed setting.

that speed warning you show should automatically clear when the engine is switched off, the one im thinking of (winter tyre setting) should be in set up further down. however my maxidot menu doesnt have navigation :P

I think I have navigation, but the menu is empty.

My menu IIRC is different. Will take some pics tomorrow.

Is there an option in vagcom to disable certain menu items from user control? Am thinking of hire cars, and the hirer setting a limit but obv not wanting the driver to be able to mess with any settings.

Found it! On non maxidot as well?

Speed warning isnt in the Setup menu like winter tyres is. Instead, scroll past the MPG screens etc etc and you should find one that says speed warning and the setting.

I found on mine you need ignition on 2, seatbelt off and door open for it to show.

Press reset to remove the warning (will show ---MPH)

Press reset with --- showing to set a speed using the rocker selection

Once desired speed on screen, press reset to save.

Edit, have pics if anyone needs.

HTH

Found it! On non maxidot as well?

Speed warning isnt in the Setup menu like winter tyres is. Instead, scroll past the MPG screens etc etc and you should find one that says speed warning and the setting.

I found on mine you need ignition on 2, seatbelt off and door open for it to show.

Press reset to remove the warning (will show ---MPH)

Press reset with --- showing to set a speed using the rocker selection

Once desired speed on screen, press reset to save.

Edit, have pics if anyone needs.

HTH

yes this is easily found in the mfd menu where mpg, average mph etc is and can be set as and when you are driving along (like for roadworks).

Cant remember if i had this on my non mfd dashpod as i only had it in a few weeks.