And the Next Camping Trip weekend....!!

Skodaboy1983

Hi all,

Ok, we're just back from a camping trip but it was discussed on the weekend that we should just go ahead and sort out another one, this time the location is the scenic Loch Lomand and would fall on the weekend of the 18,19,20 of September 2009, details to follow while we look around for a campsite, so keep an eye on this thread, so if you like to come along and help build a Gazebo Briskoda Standards, watch it fall down, have a few drinks and twist some melons, have a couple of drives and get some of the others doing another route then stick your name down and watch this thread.

It would be good to see some of the Glasgow Folks as well.

1)Skodaboy1983

2)Skodagirl1985

3)

4)

5)

lol, don't worry Hannah came up with a good idea on the way back for routes, there should be one lead car and another one who knows the route at the back so to keep everybody right, mind you it still turned into a good run yesterday.

I'm looking forward to this meet now just need a good route as I've never been up that way before.

yep i should be there as Stuart said that's a good description.only one thing nobody let me buy a box of red wine pleaaaaase.mind and body weren't in control:thumbup:

Ok folks, looks as if I will have a trawl through some of the campsites in the areas in the next few days and get something sorted for that weekend, NokiaUk has came up with a idea that as it's the holiday weekend that weekend how people might want to stay till the Monday the 21st of September.

Let us know your thoughts about this??

Cheers

Davy

I can't stay till then as I have to work on the 21st
I'll probably just stay til Sunday; gives me a full day to recover before going back to work :D

Well it was just a thought, but the extra day for recovery is actually a good idea, I took yesterday off for that same reason, so glad I did, didn't even feel 100% the day.

I've been OK today, but so far this week I have managed to: burn my hand by spilling hot tea all over it, cut my thumb while cleaning a pair of scissors, get stung by a wasp, threatened by 4 swans (all at the same time), stand on an ants' nest and almost cause the death of a fox cub (I scared it and it almost ran out into traffic) ... all without leaving Edinburgh :laugh:

Workwise I've been staring at maps and notes for 2 days and discovered that the site I was looking at last week isn't technically supposed to exist ... either that or I should really give up and get a proper job :rotz:

So, all's well here :D

I've been OK today, but so far this week I have managed to: burn my hand by spilling hot tea all over it, cut my thumb while cleaning a pair of scissors, get stung by a wasp, threatened by 4 swans (all at the same time), stand on an ants' nest and almost cause the death of a fox cub (I scared it and it almost ran out into traffic) ... all without leaving Edinburgh :laugh:

Yep you're doing well esp considering it's only Tuesday, still things can only get better as they say (whoever "they" are) :D

1)Skodaboy1983

2)Skodagirl1985

3)Nokiauk

4)Kay

5)chrisw880

6)Sharkrider - Keeping eyes on this

7)Captain Scarlet (Maybe)

8)Alex27

I have just updated the list for this to keep an eye on who's coming.

Edited by Skodaboy1983
One more person!

I have checked out sites near to Loch Lomond. Most of them won't take us due to being a group booking. They all asked if we were a duke of Edinburgh Group! Not sure what difference that makes but i have got one that will take us. They are going to call back later. Not sure of the exact cost. Its somewhere between £10 and £15 per night per pitch depend on if september is high or low session. Here is the link below.

Forest Holidays: Ardgartan Caravan Park and Campsite, Camp sites in Scotland

Edited by skodagirl1985

Skodagirl1985 - Thanks for doing this, I'm a bit snowed under with work and got something to think about at the moment with work for the next four weeks so I do appreciate you doing this for me.

Duke of Edinburgh is where you do things for the duke of edinburgh award I think, maybe you should have said yes and we could have got an award for how many melons we can pull out of a skoda!