latest fw for rns 510/columbus 2660/2666/2662/2668/2664

DSA

Bit Curious about the Voice control. Has anyone got that to work or not? I'd assume you'd need the OEM BT Kit for that anyways. Still waiting for mine at the mo.

Mater, might be asking your services if you don't mind coding me up. Got the Columbus in, but no maxi dot functions (as expected).

Here's a bit of a laugh for you though. If you have a VRS LE, and swap out the Bolero for a Columbus without coding it, The Maxi Dot option changes from MFD to MFI ....

Well, it made me laugh anyway :)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loaded and up and running with new software :)

Big, big thanks to DSA for the original post, and Carl for all his assistance in teaching a thicko how to write a disc :thumbup:

Took about 50 minutes to load, with a few lengthy pauses where nothing seemed to happen for a few minutes, but stay with it, it's worth the wait. Sat in car, waited for all interior lights etc to go off, keys sat on passenger seat, and insert disc. It asks you a few times if you really want to go ahead, then just gets on with it. It does reboot itself several times throught the update. As Carl said, take something out with you to fill the time, unless you simply want to watch the process go through.

Fader looks great, as does the check on the hard drive memory, and you get the clock function.

But, IMO, best of all is the fact that it now reads my 8Gb SDHC micro SD card in it's adapter, so there's every reason to believe it might now go up to 32Gb in keeping with the Bolero. Carl's going to try his 16Gb card as well.

RESULT :):):)

Edited by Brimma

I got hold of some CDRs earlier and burnt it as-is to see if my Maxidot still works properly with no messing with the files. I'll be loading it on in the morning.

I can confirm that my 16GB SDHC card now works :D:D:D:D

I wouldn't have believed it could be done with just a firmware update. But it has

You can buy 32GB so unless you got some serious music collection then no need to pi$$ about loading MP3's onto the HDD anymore :)

Carl:thumbup:

Silly question: what's the difference between 1ZO (Octavia?) and 3TO?

The Superb (3T0) units are newer so had some of the features that this new firmware brings already (visual balance & fader being and Volume bar at bottom being a couple)

Other than that nothing. Same internals etc

I had BMW 09-2 maps

However Lane Guidance doesn't work (not a big issue but i like the feature)

TMC hardly worked and when it did i would get 1 or 2 traffic problems (on a friday night through Birmingham at rush hour :eek: yeah right :mad:)

So i went back to V4

V5 is no different it was just a bug fix for some VW units. The Mapping is still the same

Mine's failed about 40 mins in with

SwL Error

Error vuc - library load failure

I pressed Setup + Mic + Eject to reboot from there. Trying again now.

If it doesn't work and I'm assuming it won't if it didn't the first time, could Mater or Brimma do me a massive favour post me a CD? I wrote mine in my laptop CD writer (only machine) and it wouldn't write at 1x, only 12x (using imgburn).

Mine's failed about 40 mins in with

SwL Error

Error vuc - library load failure

I pressed Setup + Mic + Eject to reboot from there. Trying again now.

If it doesn't work and I'm assuming it won't if it didn't the first time, could Mater or Brimma do me a massive favour post me a CD? I wrote mine in my laptop CD writer (only machine) and it wouldn't write at 1x, only 12x (using imgburn).

PM me if you need to - I wrote mine at 4x and it worked OK

Let me know if you get Stuck Wega. I'll burn you a copy off today and post it later as ive got to go to the post office anyway.

You need to be quick though as im away from this afternoon for a couple of weeks.

Cheers! :thumbup: Another thing I could try is writing it using my wife's MacBook. Is there a freeware util which will write Nero nrg image on Mac?

Toast will but it's not free unfortunately.

Cheers! :thumbup: Another thing I could try is writing it using my wife's MacBook. Is there a freeware util which will write a Nero nrg image on Mac?

Wega can you still use the unit or is it stuck or just doesn't boot up? Also have burnt a disk using imgburn and now hesistating... :o

It's stuck for the time being. All it will do is let you have another go at loading the software. It gets stuck at 87% overall / 10% of the way into the gateway update (the last bit it updates).

It could well be a coding issue on my car. My Long Coding for the nav is 0C0004000001000200 which I've just gone through again and it looks right to me, but the car has had an incorrect coding DTC error stored on it ever since I installed the unit. I need to nail that I think.

Itthe car has had an incorrect coding DTC error stored on it ever since I installed the unit. I need to nail that I think.

That could just because you haven't got the Correct Dual aerial fitting.

Mine has that too

Personally I'm going to wait until I see 100% success rate on this :)

I really don't fancy having a £500 brick in my car.

So please - as you do the update please report back on the results.

I am extremely surprised about the SDHC issue because the only real explanation for this is that an SDHC controller was fitted in the device and then purposely crippled to only read SD cards, which just seems crazy.

Personally I'm going to wait until I see 100% success rate on this :)

I really don't fancy having a £500 brick in my car.

So please - as you do the update please report back on the results.

I am extremely surprised about the SDHC issue because the only real explanation for this is that an SDHC controller was fitted in the device and then purposely crippled to only read SD cards, which just seems crazy.

There will always be someone who has issues.

As long as you follow the instructions in this thread, Burn the disc as slow as possible (i used 1x Speed Brimma used 4x) and don't alter any files on the image you SHOULD be ok.

But as i said no firmware update is ever going to be 100% successful