Superb in China (LED rear lights)

4.- safety - led´s are faster than bulbs and in direct sunlight they are better visible

Are you really trying to say that the fraction of a second (typically less than 0.1) that a bulb takes to light up will make any difference at all to safety?? That really is clutching at straws. As regards safety, there are many LED rear lights which have a much narrower angular field of visibility than a bulb and are sometimes quite difficult to see unless directly behind (eg: VW Passat), but this does depend somewhat on the design of the lamp.

However, if you like the look, then that's fine. Just don't try and make a safety case for them, because there isn't any case to make.

The downside of LED rear lights is that they are cold, I mean they are not separating any heat. So in winter when driving in snow-fall or on fresh snow, the snow will not melt away from rare lights. I think it is quite important in Norway, Spiralis ;)

Have a look at this picture:1-chrome grille 2.bigger side mirrors I think and in the 3rd it's the led lamps.I wonder if they match:confused: They seem to fit but I think they have a different shape(but I also guess I have this oppinion because of the different angle of the photos).

30510.attach

• 3 months later...

any word on those led rear lights , i mean has anyone found out if they fit our uk spec cars and if they are available from our dealers over here in the uk?

any word on those led rear lights , i mean has anyone found out if they fit our uk spec cars and if they are available from our dealers over here in the uk?

I would have thought some 1 would have had some news on this by now :o

• 3 weeks later...

A few days ago I saw a post on another forum from a guy selling them for about 600 Euro.I think they are way too expensive.

PLEASE. if you happen to see it again post up a link here :)

Christ, Mazda charge £120 to retrofit LED rears to Mazda 3s!

How much would a standard set cost from Skoda do you think? Do Mazda keep the lights from the 3's and does this keep the cost down? With this you still have your standard rear lights as a spare set :thumbup:

Edited by bryan

Nope you get to keep your lights. :) They are in the accessories book at £80odd i think + fitting of course.

My Sport came with LEDs as standard, but due to a recent spec change you only get LEDs on the MPS now.