I've just paid someone to ruin my car :(

phillipssg

I was going to contact you again Gaz about the vrs bumper to see if you still had it, but the vrs rear bumper is slightly closer to the ground than the standard one and I have a removeable towbar thing, so if I slapped a vrs bumper on the towbar wouldnt fit :/

Lol. Was only joking.....still got the bumper though if you decided you wanted it. Got my old exhaust aswell to complete the look.:rolleyes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tints good, I have darker :D

wheels bad, but you know this already.

Is it lowered as it appears to be higher at the back than the front. Could be the way it is parked.

Yea it's the way it's parked, but it has been lowered by 40mm :thumbup:

Looks good :) But is there a law in the UK now stating no driver or passenger side tints?

K:)

That's why I was put off from getting my front ones tinted. Although I'm sure the tinting peeps are up to date with whats legal. If they have changed the law to say that no tints are allowed on the front, then it wouldn't be fair on people who have had their tints done on the front before this law..

Like your tints!

Smoothed rear bumper will look great (especially if the front's anything to go by ;) ) Do it before you paint the front and a body shop might to ya a deal on paint both :D

The thing that sticks out to me the most is the rear wiper. If you could bear to remove it the rear end would look much neater! But it's a big thing to do as I couldn't live with out mine.

be careful with thinking companies know best. Some (not all) just want your money so will slap any tint on the fronts.

Personally I think it looks good as it look like the skoda sunset tints that come on the SE's :D

Right so basically answered my question above.

Its illegal to have any tint on the front for your car.

I belive you can but they cant be very dark at all i think 30% is the maximum. I cant rember i spoke to one chap who had his only window tinting company. As said above you can to a certain % but then if you get a nasty policemen the you know...... :(

Tints on the front windows must let 70% of available light through, this is for safety reasons especially during the winter months when it gets dark earlier - the darker your front tints, the less you can see so the more likely you are to pull out on an unfortunate biker etc. Personally I would only pull someone if the tints were ridiculously dark and even then I'd probably VDRS them to get it changed. If they were an a$$ with me they might get a ticket for glass not as prescribed (£30, no points). If the tints let through less than 30% of available light it's a £60 fine and 3 points I'm afraid for dangerous parts and accessories! On your rear windows you can go as dark as you like with no worries.

its illegal to fit "ANY" tints onto the front windows of your car if it already has tinted windows. Your tint must allow 70% of light through on the front side windows, manufactures tint is generally already close to or at this level so adding more will take you below this limit. From the B pillar back you can fit any tint you like.

So as I said before torque is indeed cheap and I have alot more than you said, its illegal to fit ANY tint to anything infront of the B pillar. Thank you.

UK Car Window Tinting Laws - what the law says about legal window tints in the UK

That might be worth reading, i did think you could have tints past the B pillar as long as there were a certain percentage % But as stated before some manufacturers fit tinted glass which is near to what the limit is. So of course adding an extra layer of tint would be silly. But as i said before the guy i knew even had a sections of legality from nottinghamshire and derbyshire with the same information up top. Thank you :P

So it is illegal?

No it's legal

"c) The front side windows (to either side of the drivers’ head) must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them"

But only if the tint allows 70% light thru.

So it is illegal to tint the fronts, as ALL cars now have this, just as a green tint rather than black tint as standard.

For the above user in question, it would be illegal for him to tint his anymore than the factory said amount.

So illegal.

So it is illegal to tint the fronts, as ALL cars now have this, just as a green tint rather than black tint as standard.

For the above user in question, it would be illegal for him to tint his anymore than the factory said amount.

So illegal.

Well if his front windows have a factroy tint to the glass then more likely it is. But you stated all tints past the B pillar are illegal, and that simply is not true. But as it depends on the car. More modern cars have them on as standard. So natually it would be rulling out front legal tints, due to people just adding another layer. Altho most of the time if rudie boys have something to do with it, they usually black out there corsa's all over. Usually saying "Iz Danna Care Init" Even if the big friendly policemen pulled them over! :D