Ebay Double DIN HU - Octy I VRS

Nuriyan

Whats the verdict on it so far then folks?

I have been watching this thread closely as I may look at one of these to replace the MFD in my Superb, especially if there is the option to do a bit of tweaking to the interface and software.

The navigation on the MFD is getting frustrating now after being used to other systems, and this looks like a decent option. If I did it, how does the GPS antenna connect up? with a screw on F Type connector? I would be looking to see if there's a fakra to ftype converter so I can use the factory roof mounted receiver.

top job so far Nuriyan :thumbup: keep the info coming

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused:

Bloody Hell!! Im glad it arrived safe and sound, but aye, like me, you'll have to trim the fascia, if you got the same as me, you'll see the nice really weak looking legs that lock in, i found i needed to remove plastic down to them, so tricky not to snap them.

About 4-5mm top and bottom and hey presto....

Did you not need to trim back any plastic behind the head unit? There is a nice cross shaped piece of plastic with a circle in the centre (which used to hold the cubby pocket) that looks like it needs to come out or be trimmed back.

Aye....

Biggest issue I had was just getting the cage in, I had to remove the old stereo and the little plastic tray that sat below it, using a Junior Hacksaw blade and holding it in my hand I managed to easily remove the plastic that sits behind the stereo, after that, cage went in with no issues (10 mins ish).

I just used the blade and whipped through the plastic behind the stereo...

With trimming the facia plate, did you only trim the bottom or top and bottom?

Installing mine on Sat, as well as blueflame and if I have time boost gauge.

Gonna be busy

I did both top and bottom, it needs to be both....

Head Unit installed - phew! Will have to wire in TV aerial when it arrives next week. I haven't had a chance to load any of Nuriyans software yet, but will hopefully get around to it at the weekend. I'm off to bed now......Zzzzz

Just had a play with the HU, and a little disappointed that in sat nav mode, you can not listen to radio/ cd at the same time. Despite this, I am very happy with the unit. Excellent find Nuriyan! Might try loading some software tomorrow, all tips/ instructions welcome.

Just got mine in, wont pay mp3 get a blue screen saying something about stop driving. I had a quick flick through the manual and noticed it mentions something about connecting a cable to ground. Anyone else done this?

Still have to adjust the face plate

Ok, first one....

Just had a play with the HU, and a little disappointed that in sat nav mode, you can not listen to radio/ cd at the same time. Despite this, I am very happy with the unit. Excellent find Nuriyan! Might try loading some software tomorrow, all tips/ instructions welcome.

Press GPS button ont eh remote twice to change to GPS 2, thatll allow you then to put the radio on or cd...

Just got mine in, wont pay mp3 get a blue screen saying something about stop driving. I had a quick flick through the manual and noticed it mentions something about connecting a cable to ground. Anyone else done this?

I think its an orange cable, its supposed to go to the brakes so that you cant drive and watch TV at the same time, however, if it is grounded all is fine and itll play whenever, I just undid a screw at the back of the unit and wrapped mine around the thread and screwed back up, job done...

Ok then chaps, those with the Units....

First of all, copy your SD-Card contents to your computer hard drives, establish a good backup there something to return to if needs be...

Ok, so we shall try the latest Igo8 software available on my site, PM for link if needs be...

Now, all you should need to do with this one is extract it to the SD-Card, pop it into the unit and it should work automatically...

To get that far, download it from my site double click the .exe and then choose the SD-Card, dont put in a folder, if it has one by default delete it, as in...

it should be in the root as in F:\ or G:\ or whatever your cards drive is named as, not F:\Igo8 etc....

This version has several improvements, such as latest Maps, Skins, Changeable cursors and such like...

It should work automatically when you select the Navigational software as the software it comes with is the same, all the paths are the same so....

Make sure this one works before we move onto TomTom.... Ill build up to MioPocket as it has the most to do....

Edited by Nuriyan

Oh yeh, and If you need maps for other countries, PM me, I have them all, I just streamlined these for UK and Ireland to save on space.... Same goes for languages.... I only speak bad english so no need for me to have the rest, but I still have them all...

Just a quick post to thank Nuriyan for all his invaluable help in setting up the latest maps on the HU. Top man :thumbup:

My TV aerial is due early this week, so I will see how I get on with that before installing MioPocket.

I'm really interested in this, currently have a pioneer 5700. It gives a good sound but i like the thought of all the features in the ebay one.

Couple of questions, if you could answer them i'd greatly appreciate it.

Does the unit have a HPF? as i have subs so it'd have to give a half decent sound.

Can you change the frequency response?

Thanks

One small issue I noticed this morning. I had the radio on when I started the car from cold. The unit kept switching to IPOD without my intervention for about two minutes until the car warmed up. I think the touch screen is very sensitive to moisture in the air, before the climate control takes effect. I dont even own an ipod!

I'm really interested in this, currently have a pioneer 5700. It gives a good sound but i like the thought of all the features in the ebay one.

Couple of questions, if you could answer them i'd greatly appreciate it.

Does the unit have a HPF? as i have subs so it'd have to give a half decent sound.

Can you change the frequency response?

Thanks

Not really buddy, not a lot of choice when it comes to customising the sound. Treble, Bass, balance, fader, a range of EQ presets.

But to be honest I use the LPF and HPF on my amp and have active crossovers for the rest so...

But dont let that fool you, I have full range of sound for the car, and I cant complain...

One small issue I noticed this morning. I had the radio on when I started the car from cold. The unit kept switching to IPOD without my intervention for about two minutes until the car warmed up. I think the touch screen is very sensitive to moisture in the air, before the climate control takes effect. I dont even own an ipod!

Have you still got the plastic protective screen on, I ripped mine of straight away, but I also keep some alcohol wipes in a pot ready for dirty fingers. Never had an issue with condesation or anything like that....

Hi guys, are there any security settings? Pin for unit or any other anti -theft device?

There is no Pin system in use for this device by default, but I think seen as its WinCE I can probably find someway of correcting this, I will loook into it.

But, I would challenge any nimble little light fingered wee bas**rd to try and get the stereo out. Mine has some big plates screwing and holding it in place, to which you can only get to if you take alot of the console apart..... so, unless they are gonna hack the dash apart, mine aint moving...

Have you still got the plastic protective screen on, I ripped mine of straight away, but I also keep some alcohol wipes in a pot ready for dirty fingers. Never had an issue with condesation or anything like that....

Nope. I ripped the protective film off after installing the unit too. Screen doen't look dirty, but I will clean it and see if that makes a difference.