Ok Guys, I know I'm a while off getting the fab (8-10 months at the longest)

But i will have about 600- maybe a little more to spend on the fab, so the question to ya all is what would you recomend getting?

My first thoughts are as follows

Eibech lowering Springs

LCR Splitter

Cupra bushes and poly bushes all round

PD 160 Intake/ trumpet

Panel filter Pipercross

Seat sport front strut brace

Forge rear strut brace

whiteline rarb

what all think?

Well we all have our own ' right way' but to me making it handle, then making it stop should be high on the list, then make it go quicker.

All thouhg my local scrappy does have a **** ended octy mk1 vrs and has said the breaks would be about 100 quid for the lot.

Will have to see next year what comes up.

Am going to try and do some of this work myself which my uncle has kindly volentered his work ramp (he is a local mechnic in our town) to show me the ropes and how to do this.

Rear anti roll bar - max £150 if you source your parts through for sale section etc

312mm brake upgrade - £220 ish

Super Dot 4 brake fluid - not a lot

I personally would leave it at that and spend the rest ;)

Yamaha R1 gocart.

Not very helpfull, I know, but fun!

Seriously tho, I think your on the right track with sorting out handling over power like some people do.

I believe (and I will await contriversial responces), that you can have two cars, same model/age/make etc, one with a +50bhp / 80nm torque remap and the other with poly bushes lower CoG and stiffer chassis and the 2nd will always come out on top (other than a drag).

The other way to modify cars is get rid of weight buy selling un-nesserys. There for turning your £600 into £700-£800. Think about it.

Doing this does depend on how you you use your car and what your willing to sacrifice (rear speakers / aircon).

Dave

Yamaha R1 gocart.

Not very helpfull, I know, but fun!

Seriously tho, I think your on the right track with sorting out handling over power like some people do.

I believe (and I will await contriversial responces), that you can have two cars, same model/age/make etc, one with a +50bhp / 80nm torque remap and the other with poly bushes lower CoG and stiffer chassis and the 2nd will always come out on top (other than a drag).

The other way to modify cars is get rid of weight buy selling un-nesserys. There for turning your £600 into £700-£800. Think about it.

Doing this does depend on how you you use your car and what your willing to sacrifice (rear speakers / aircon).

Dave

but it still won't handle right so whats the point?

Gary- Totally understand were ya coming from and i now that dynamically the vrs is never going to be say a mini cooper s etc.

However it will be a vast improvment on what thay are like in standard kit right?

P.S- What car would you suggest instead then?

Keith- I'm not a big holiday fan really and have to forced by my boss to take them currently. So te holiday aint my cup a tea.

you can make a fabia vrs handle better,it would be difficult to make it handle worse,if you want the best handling vrs you can get i would fit kw coilovers,rarb,cupra bushes,brembo's,and an atb diff,when i had mine i was even tempted to try to get the rear suspension converted to independant,but then realised no matter what i did it was never going to be a proper handling car,their is just too much wieght over the front,realistically with mods anything with a lighter engine will handle twice as well as a vrs,the vrs is a fantastic car i loved mine,but i realised it was never going to be what i was trying to make it

mk2 golf with a 280bhp 20v under the bonnet will handle better,go faster and be cheaper to buy than a vrs

Agree on the golf mk2 gtTi

The coilovers, diff and better breaks are much later on in the vrs timeline for myself- they will come but not for a while.

Im not really into the old skool stuff any more - not a been there don that sort of why, just doesn't float my boat. The reason i want the vrs is to have something i can use, cheaply, every day as a daily driver and then when i want to have a ' spirited' drive or go down to the ring i can do- again econmically and cheaply.

There aint (imho) much that can do that

I mean on the budget i am looking at for the whol project i could look at the likes of say a second hand megane r26, mini cooper s jcw or a clio 225- all of which a massively fun and hugly entertaing- but they all do singleish figure fuel econmey when your having that fun- the fabia even when pushed hard from what i read on here still does decent fuel econmey even tuned abit, hence the attraction

you can make a fabia vrs handle better,it would be difficult to make it handle worse,if you want the best handling vrs you can get i would fit kw coilovers,rarb,cupra bushes,brembo's,and an atb diff,when i had mine i was even tempted to try to get the rear suspension converted to independant,but then realised no matter what i did it was never going to be a proper handling car,their is just too much wieght over the front,realistically with mods anything with a lighter engine will handle twice as well as a vrs,the vrs is a fantastic car i loved mine,but i realised it was never going to be what i was trying to make it

mk2 golf with a 280bhp 20v under the bonnet will handle better,go faster and be cheaper to buy than a vrs

Ah, but it won't get the MPG or the low tax or sound like a tractor :rolleyes:

i know what you mean,but apart from the cheaper end of the mods i wouldn't go any further including the car i spent over 20k on one,and alltho fun and frugal for that sort of cash it should have been better,my little golf will be if i ever get round to finishing it:rofl: