Fair Price? - Octy vRS 51 plate

The time is nearly upon me to bid farewell to my beloved Octy vRS.

The lease expires early December so I asked for the price to purchase the car from the lease company.

Its a Black Magic 51 plate (3yrs old in december) with 46k miles. Unmarked interior, only one alloy has a small scuff to the lip, all tyres are excellent.

Apart from the usual stone chips and one small door swing dent on the rear quarter the exterior is in excellent condition.

It is Jabba'd and I have the benefit of knowing its been loved ( i had it from new) :)

They have qouted me

best thing to do is look at other vRS' in that age and mileage range to see what they are going for.

it doesnt seem a bad price to me either but i'm no expert on used prices for the octy... i paid

• Administrators

Who said it's no bargin?

The worst enemy can be the one who stands next to you as a friend with advise.

Question. Do you want it?

If yes then I think it's a fair price. The "bargin" is false as I suspect 6900 + lease payment = more than the list windscreen price. However on it's own merit 6900 for a car you know, you like (assume you do) and a fair milage, not bad, would circle it myself in that situation.

Guide 12months ago I was offered 9-9500 for a 51plate 30k 4x4 estate elegance.

That cheap one is rather suspect...

Interesting, isn't it! It's obviously chipped too, yet low miles. Only reason I can think of is maybe accident damage... VERY tempted to ring and ask. Anyone on here?

I think that's a very good price you've been quoted as long as that's the bottom line figure. If it were me I'd buy it off the leasing company and flog it on for a 'wee' profit.... Not wanting to 'dis' the Octy but there's far better toys out there for 7 grand......