Shock - jeremy clarkson now likes Skoda's

He has a fair point though when he mentions the cost of the Scooby and the Scout's other competitors. Bit harsh on the old BL stuff. My Mum's got a Rover 25 and loves it to bits. It'll probably fall in bits but that's another argument altogether....

Thank God I now have Jezza's approbation of my recent choice of car (though it's my fourth Octavia). I mean I wouldn't be able to go out in it if he gave it a thumb's down. Now I suppose I'll have to put with lots of questions from nosey strangers whenever I am down the shops in it.

I am off down to Birmingham (from the North East) on Wednesday so I'll see how the 'best pound for pound' car gets on. Furthest I've been in it so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Well he did put it into his top cars of 2009, so I think he may have got a bit more realistic these days.

Perhaps credit crunch clarkson or something

"If we bought cars using nothing but our heads, we’d all have VW Golfs but this is more rounded and capable, says Jeremy Clarkson"

"But if you apply the cold steel of logic to your choice of car, it is absolutely impossible to come up with anything better." hmmmm

Jeremy Clarkson Jeremy Clarkson's top 12 cars of 2009 review | Driving - Times Online

"so I think he may have got a bit more realistic these days"

Maybe so but he is still an opinionated ignoramus whos' knowledge of cars is about the same as a 13 year old! You may gather from that that I don't like the prat.

Top gear is back on shortly, and the lap record has been broken, they have reenacted a scene from the Italian job with the new bmw thingy you know the one the mini feck I have just swear lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love him or loathe him but the Times motoring section likes the current crop of Skoda cars, I noticed a couple of weeks ago in the InGear suppliment they had the best cars of 2009 on a double page spread, new ferrari, supercars blah de blah.......

and the Skoda Yeti as the class leader in its field ie SUV/Family car.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article1137479.ece