vrs seat covers ?

Busby

:D Only 2 days till i pick up my new fabia vrs :D

Just wondering if any other fabvrs owners use seat covers to protect their front seats ? Or are the seats pretty tough / easy to clean ?

If seat covers are the way to go , any idea on where to get skoda or vrs covers ?

There was a thread a long time ago about fabia vrs seat covers (front only I think). They were specially made to measure and although cost more than a tenner, did fit rather well.

You may want to consider spraying the seat with a teflon spray or something to protect from stains.

Also, if you frequently get in and out, we have found the bolsters to fray after a while.

If you do a search, you'll find the posts about the seat protectors and photos with the fraying.

I haven't coated mine with teflon or put a cover on - I just try to be very careful.

HTH :)

Hi Busby, welcome, hope you enjoy your vrs.

I tried to get some seat covers, but they all don't fit due to the seats being highly bolstered. Asked the dealer and they too dont have any covers that fit. You also have to be very careful if you do get any covers to fit as I am sure the Vrs has side airbags fitted to the front seats. I don't know if yours will have this, but, it's something to bear in mind.

I would go down the route of having your seats protected by a fabric protector, there are several posts, but scotchguard seems good. I'm sure other members can give you help and advice.

Hope this helps.

Tony

• Administrators

We have a company onboard that tailor makes seat covers. The Fabia vRS is done.The Octavia vRS cover is in the boot of the new octavia courtesy car for fitting testing this coming week. We will publish prices/options(side airbag slot)/fabrics towards November.

Not as cheap as Halfords covers, but far better in so many ways.

Keeps tuned.

We have a company onboard that tailor makes seat covers. The Fabia vRS is done.The Octavia vRS cover is in the boot of the new octavia courtesy car for fitting testing this coming week. We will publish prices/options(side airbag slot)/fabrics towards November.

Not as cheap as Halfords covers' date=' but far better in so many ways.

Keeps tuned.[/quote']

That's great news, Colin. Keep us posted :thumbup:

I have a taylor made front seat cover fitted to my drivers seat and it fits very well, i also protected my seats with scotchguard and it also works very well, the taylored seat cove cost me about

Keeps tuned.[/quote']

Thats good news ColinD - thanks !!

I have a mate who can get me Snap-on seat covers . Does anyone have any experience with these on the fabvrs ?

Spose i should really just wait for the tailor made ones though ?

I've got Snap-On seat covers, I only put them on if the car is going into the dealership or elsewhere etc. They fit okay, but they aren't exactly tailored, I just got them to keep the seats free from monkey grease :rolleyes: . Good job I got them though, I had some things done at the auto electrician last Friday and there were a couple of oily marks on the covers when I picked it up... :(

I want some of these tailored ones as soon as they become available though! ;)

I've got Snap-On seat covers' date=' I only put them on if the car is going into the dealership or elsewhere etc. They fit okay, but they aren't exactly tailored, I just got them to keep the seats free from monkey grease :rolleyes: . Good job I got them though, I had some things done at the auto electrician last Friday and there were a couple of oily marks on the covers when I picked it up... :(

I want some of these tailored ones as soon as they become available though! ;)[/quote']

Thanks Liam . Im not too worried about my seat as im very careful with my cars , but i lift share with a mate who works outside at our place - liable to get dirt/marks off him .

Think i will get the snap on covers until the tailored ones are available . as long as they actually fit and they arent too "Max Power-ish"

Dont suppose you have any piccies of your covers Liam ?

I haven't got any at the moment and my digital camera is away for repair, I'll have it back next week... sorry :( . I don't think they look too Max Powerish and they do the job well but don't hug the seat-base. If you don't desperately need them then I'd wait until the tailored ones become available. Are the tailored ones the same ones that Hatchbag are doing now I wonder? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Keeps tuned.[/quote']

Absolutely brilliant!

Keeps tuned.[/quote']

Cool. I am very interested in getting a some of these for my Octy vRS. I tend to play 5-a-side footie once a week and don't want to get the seat dirty on the way home!!!

• 1 month later...
:D Only 2 days till i pick up my new fabia vrs :D

Just wondering if any other fabvrs owners use seat covers to protect their front seats ? Or are the seats pretty tough / easy to clean ?

If seat covers are the way to go ' date=' any idea on where to get skoda or vrs covers ?

ref seat cover www.hatchbag.co.uk or 08450657585 cost 76 pound a pair mine on way yippy !!!! scotchgard from b&q 5 pound

• Administrators

Okay seat covers are as good as ready...a final testing for the octavia vRS this week, remembering these are tailored to the cars seats and not a generic bag cover.

We have secured a discount for orders via BRISKODA. The exact details we need to work out for legal resons and this is half the delay, selling a service and goods are different matters, sadly these are goods and as such we need protection. So in the short term we need to generate interest and decide how to handle, ie via BRISKODA or straight to hatchbag...

Exact pricing and options to follow shortly but as a rough guide

Pricing will be from 45pounds for the front covers Fabia vRS and Octaiva vRS or normal trim.

Options are fabric type, ie breathable or normal and colour options.

Side Airbag tear strip ~ lets your airbag do it's thing.

Rear covers are a little easier they will be circa 69 pounds for Octy and Fabia and fit like a glove coming in two or three headrest combinations for the 60/40 seats.

Yeah please provide pics & a link once available if possible :D

Mrs is complaining about the badges & the seats. Loves the rest of it though - go figure... It's female logic at work, no doubt, but if I can offer a good workaround for not too much cash it's gonna be worth it :D

btw - thanks Colin before I forget :thumbup: might just be saving me from having to get a slower or more expensive car to keep the peace :rofl: