Who's got the biggest mileage?

Probably a good one for Skippy41, and other taxi users. Who's Octavia has the biggest mileage? What age is it? What major repairs has it had? includes colleagues motors, but no boasting please. Have seen these at auction with 200k plus mileage and still looking fit inside and out.

Probably a good one for Skippy41, and other taxi users. Who's Octavia has the biggest mileage? What age is it? What major repairs has it had? includes colleagues motors, but no boasting please. Have seen these at auction with 200k plus mileage and still looking fit inside and out.

I'm trading mine in tomorrow - 3 years, 3 months, 145,000 miles, 2.0D DSG. Apart from the aircon compressor failing a few weeks back, no problems. Still runs like new and only uses 1/2 litre of oil between services. Apart from a few minor scuffs, it still looks like new, especially inside. At least it puts any DSG reliability issues to bed.

Do I win a prize?

Not in that league but 70k miles, 2 1/2 years old.

PD TDi vRS - on my 4th differential pressure instrument, 2nd MAF and wiring loom and serious tyre wear after botched camber settings both from the factory and the dealer.

Looks like new although I am a bit anal about car cleaning.

Steve

Highest mileage I ever heard was a haulier who's based 30 miles or so from where I live with 1.6 million miles on his Merc truck. The engine has yet to need anything other than standard service items...

Mercedes have offered him money and a new truck to get their hands on it, presumably for an ad campaign...

At under 10 000 km a year I'm doing about half the mileage of my car's previous owner...

LOL's no prize, just a big thanks for posting a reply, I suspect there might be bigger numbers out there. All the best.

The most I've done in a year was 65,000. I work as a Service Engineer and I had a lot of work and a large area to cover that year. It was in a poverty spec MKII Vauxhall Astra, so that's the equivalent of 1,000,000 miles in a MKII Octy.:D

270,000kms (168,000miles) 2.0tdi DSG, 1 x DMF, 2 x turbo. I don't think this is too bad considering the punishment the car takes and the fact that its re-mapped since new. The DSG hasn't missed a beat !! (touch wood).

208.000 km (129.000 miles) on a 1.6 MPI converted to LPG, replaced 1 fuel pump and 1 lambda probe, that's it.

How much was the LPG conversion, and where did they put the tank and spear wheel

has the conversion ever gone wrong and what sort of mileage do you get

Mines only a baby at 95k but DMF at 86k took the shine off. Inner CV joint on nearside, rear wiper motor and radio attenna amp are other odd failures. Currently eating heater resistor packs but otherwise very sound - DSG is a peach.

• 2 months later...

270,000kms (168,000miles) 2.0tdi DSG, 1 x DMF, 2 x turbo. I don't think this is too bad considering the punishment the car takes and the fact that its re-mapped since new. The DSG hasn't missed a beat !! (touch wood).

Could you tell me more about your octavia remapping, i have got the same car at 75k and i would like to do the same. thanks

Could you tell me more about your octavia remapping, i have got the same car at 75k and i would like to do the same. thanks

Hi, I used a local guy in Newcastle, Co.Dublin, Ireland.........he is an agent for the tuning software firm "Upsolute". The car pulls like a train, I never believed a 4 pot diesel could feel so grunty and I can still get 900kms out of a tank if I try. I wouldn't have any concerns about the DSG as my tuner claims I have approx. 400nm of torque and the box hasn't missed a beat, it now has 285,000kms on it. If you can afford it, get it mapped, put a K&N panel in, run Millers in your fuel and enjoy !!

Hi, I used a local guy in Newcastle, Co.Dublin, Ireland.........he is an agent for the tuning software firm "Upsolute". The car pulls like a train, I never believed a 4 pot diesel could feel so grunty and I can still get 900kms out of a tank if I try. I wouldn't have any concerns about the DSG as my tuner claims I have approx. 400nm of torque and the box hasn't missed a beat, it now has 285,000kms on it. If you can afford it, get it mapped, put a K&N panel in, run Millers in your fuel and enjoy !!

Thanks, perhaps it will even cure the only problem i have with this octavia (my sixt octavia).

Sometimes there is a lack of fluidity, kind of gaps in the power. It disappeared after i changed the egr valve, now is back but only occasionally. I can live with it but it spoils what is a perfect car. Perhaps Millers could help, but how frequently do i have to use it?

TDI 2.0 DSG 2006