What polish/wax works best with diamond silver?

Jason@Willis

Hi All hope your well,

Although I have my company car, I also have a Diamond Silver 2000 X reg Fabia 1.9 sdi Fabia (yes im a skoda saleman that also owns one!!) its used on a daily basis by my partner to ferry my little man around & is one of the best cars I/we have owned, its nick named Sally the skoda! being a total car freak I have put a few touches on it myself includining a full fabia vrs interior & new fabia sport 16" Alloy wheels looks real good but I want to give sally a full detail shis lakin shine ... bless her!! I have got a megs machine polisher that i use regulary at work, with lots of difrent cuttin compounds & have jus orderd a clay bar (god help me) Ive also been using megs final touch it works so well on the cars in my show room!! Cheers Mr Baker!!

What im really after on this post is what polish/wax would you guys/girls recomend I use on Diamond silver 1b1b? Im a autoglym Guy but I know theres better products out there!!

I will of course picture & write up the detail when i do it but im jus missing what polish to use, please exscuse my spelling & ignorance as im new to the detailing world & didnt listen much at school haha.

Cheers again guys & girls,

Jason.

I promise you won't be disappointed. I honestly don't think I've been so wowed by the finish on a car as I was by silver cars in that Werkstat. I'm told it's most effective on light coloured cars though. Oggy said it's very easy to apply too.

Got any pics? Would be nice to know if there is anything better than Collinite 476s that I use. :) Eg:

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

Hi Fella been folowing your car for the last couple of months!! sos to here about your ring trip!! grrrr, Ive no picture of sally atm I will get some up soon, she looks a bit sorry for her self atm though she will shine again !!! after my mrs has finished with her I think i will be going the mongroul route with her!! damn us diesal heads haha

Two Jasons on the go now. Could get confusing.

@Jason@Willis :) - Might be a good idea to pick up the 'Werkstat Acrylic Series kit'

Includes:

Acrylic Prime, 500 mL

Acrylic Jett Trigger, 500 mL

Acrylic Glos, 500 mL

Prime Applicator

M-Fibre Essential Towel

M-Fibre Plush Towel

Werkstät : Acrylic Kit : motoGF

or polished bliss carry werkstat, but seems to be out of stock. Perhaps give them a call tomorrow to check?

Thanks for the comments Nick:thumbup:

The Werkstat acrylic Is impressive on light coloured cars, It really brings out the metalic flake & gives It a really wet look that makes It look like Its got a coat of varnish on. http://briskoda.net/styling-car-care/jeff-werkstat-results/142757/

Its easy to put on both In the cooler/warmer weather. The best results are obtained by putting on 3 or more coats of the trigger, but It isn't hard to apply at all;)

Just to add my 2p here, I haven't used any of the Jeffs products but have been reliably informed that the durability on all of the range is not that great, wouldn't expect much protection through the winter months but like I said, only what I have been told by numourous sources............:o

I know that Oggy is a fan and that's cool as I was one of the one's that suggested his car was in the best condition at the Gaydon meet so apologies for going against the grain on this one............:o

Just to add my 2p here, I haven't used any of the Jeffs products but have been reliably informed that the durability on all of the range is not that great, wouldn't expect much protection through the winter months but like I said, only what I have been told by numourous sources............:o

I know that Oggy is a fan and that's cool as I was one of the one's that suggested his car was in the best condition at the Gaydon meet so apologies for going against the grain on this one............:o

No problem Simon.

The Werkstat probably isn't very durable to most, granted, but the more coats of the trigger is better, but It doesn't take long at all to put added extra coats on after a wash & the ease of It going on, in cooler conditions makes It a good product. I built 7 coats on between may & june mainly after the wash process & its still going strong.

We all have products we like/dislike. I'm going to try different products next year inc the Zaino range, as you don't try you won't know, but I'm happy with the Werkstat so far:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

i used this on a metallic grey vectra and the finish was superb. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html carlack followed by collinite and it lasted ages about 6 months! the vectra was 9yrs old and people used to always comment on the paintwork

• 2 weeks later...