Whats the best bulbsss!?

As title states, ive got the mk2 headlights with the module, that people slate ;)

Went down a non lit country road and altho they were ok, I reckon they could be alot better can anyone recommend a good

Mainbulb

Sidelight

and

Fogs (mine are the circle housed ones not the square ones!)

I want to change them all over so they all look the same I know some swop them for the white beam style lights and with a yello style side light and fogs they just look weird.

Any help would be great. Also any pictures would be grand as well

THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU :thumbup:

There can only be one..........

Philips Xteme bulbs. Buy them from powerbulbs and you get the Briskoda discount...:thumbup:

The ones I have now have lasted almost a year and are still running, and we have to drive with lights on all the time here (Denmark).

Have also tried Osram nightbreakers and they were crap...:thumbdwn: Lasted 6 months....

Bgds Dan:thumbdwn:

• 2 weeks later...

Well....I have fitted XTreme bulbs and my wife still insists that the headlights are the worst she has ever had!!

I have to agree. They are shocking!!

I can only suggest an aftermarket HID kit as a better option despite its legality issues

I've researched this subject a lot after I changed the bulbs in my other car for OSRAM silverstars and noticed it made no discernable difference.

The standard factory fit bulb in this case was an OSRAM +30% type, (silverstars are +50%).

I dug out the technical data sheet on these bulbs and found out that the light output of the +50% bulbs was actually only +2% (two percent) more than the +30%.!!

Remember when they quote +90% etc etc its referenced against some obscure standard (probably an old Chinese bulb). The only difference is a slightly "whiter" light (slightly different colour temp).

I'm convinced that the +xx% marketing term has more to do with the price than the light output. The silverstars cost me £22 at the time - I could have got the standard OSRAM bulbs for about £4 a pair.

I don't know what has gone off with the price of bulbs - they are just plain ridiculous.

Cheapest bulbs round my way are at Sainsburys garage - about £4 ea - they are as bright as the GE originals fitted in my Fabia,

I find the lights poor as well would rather have had reflector style and had standard fit curtain airbags or ESP on level 2. Part of the problem/ design is that the module doesnt give any scatter to the side of the road it is very concentrated with a sharp cut off. The main beam is excellent as you get the full output of the bulb where as dipped is rubbish.

I currently have Philips long life bulbs which are only 10% brighter but seem as bright as the +90 bulbs also had them realigned which improved things slightly. The only thing I did wonder about trying is a yellowish all weather bulb as in wet weather the headlights are like candles in a jam jar. I also wondered is the fact the dash lights are so bright and cant be dimmed may affect how good/ bad the headlights appear.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Philips X-Treme bulbs (H7) for the main lights.

Philips Cool Blue (W5W for the sidelights - they are a pain to change

I use Hoen Endurance bulbs for the foglights (9006/HB4) These bulbs are yellow for fog/falling snow

I just put a pair of Halfords Extreme Brilliance in:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_491435_langId_-1_categoryId_205263

New bulb to the market, quite pricey at £24.99 a side, but currently on BOGOF

In the past I have had Xtremes and Nightbreakers and I would probably rate these at least as good as either of those, the range has increased massivley(Fabia 1 though) , still keeping a defined pattern and the whiteness of the light is greatly noticable. Only had them in for a couple of days now but I am most impressed!

• 4 years later...

What Xenon kit have you got mate? looking at putting something more in mine than the current candle that skoda supplied..

Now that's what I call a thread revival! This conversation is 5 years old so I doubt he still has the original car xenon kit now.

• Like 2

MTEC 100Watt bulbs, so much brighter than standard, without the yellow or blue tint that some have.

Maybe slightly higher wattage than usual but haven't skipped a beat yet, and haven't been told off. 

ScreenShot2014-11-11at144925_zpsf831469b

MTEC 100Watt bulbs, so much brighter than standard, without the yellow or blue tint that some have.

Maybe slightly higher wattage than usual but haven't skipped a beat yet, and haven't been told off. 

ScreenShot2014-11-11at144925_zpsf831469b

I had the 55w versions of those.

They were like a candle in the wind compared to osram nightbreaker unlimited's.

I wont be buying mtec again aha (: