car built, 5 weeks delivery???

Got word from dealer that my car is now built... woo hoo i thought. That was until he then told me there will be a further 5 WEEK wait until the car is with the dealer.

Is this the case or can i expect it sooner?

Anyone with experience???

Thanks in advance

Even here in Germany it can take a couple of weeks before the car is at the dealer. Depends on the shipping, where to, what company etc.

But it can get there sooner if you are lucky. Just keep in contact with the dealer.

Around 3 weeks seems to be the norm, but isn't the tracking computer system down for an upgrade atm, so that will certainly delay things at least 1 week, maybe more??

Just look at it this way, you have ordered the best car on the market, you will be the envy of your street.

Its like the wait for the Hagen dazs ice cream to soften up, and when it does it tastes good

all this waiting will mean you will enjoy it even more.

And if your not a good boy Sant wont come, LOL

Around 3 weeks seems to be the norm, but isn't the tracking computer system down for an upgrade atm, so that will certainly delay things at least 1 week, maybe more??

How would a tracking computer being upgraded slow down the car being shipped over?

Just look at it this way, you have ordered the best car on the market, you will be the envy of your street.

Its like the wait for the Hagen dazs ice cream to soften up, and when it does it tastes good

all this waiting will mean you will enjoy it even more.

And if your not a good boy Sant wont come, LOL

Wow, you really like skodas!

How would a tracking computer being upgraded slow down the car being shipped over?

Car movements are stopped whilst the system is being upgraded, according to my dealer

Mines stuck at the docks for the next week

hth

Jon

Car movements are stopped whilst the system is being upgraded, according to my dealer

Mines stuck at the docks for the next week

hth

Jon

What was your build week?

When did the dealer estimate you would have it?

Cheers

I should have picked mine up this weekend, it was due to leave Grimsby middle of last week. cars should start moving again around the 18th/19th (again according to the dealer).

hopefully it will be next weekend if its on one of the first transports out.

car was built a couple of weeks ago

Edited by DGW
No need to quote previous post.

Mine was built last week.

Last I heard it was at docks at Czechyland. So I assume it is stuck there for a week then?? :thumbdwn:

Edited by DGW

on the bright side... its on its way :thumbup:

once you've got that new car grin on your face...you'll forget about the extra week (thats what i'm telling myself)

worst case...... take Simbo's advice and take sollice in ice cream :rofl:

Edited by DGW

No cars will move for a week whilst it's being done :(

Oh good, I was just thinking that skodas delivery times were not long enough.

Luckily they have come up with a great solution. :rolleyes:

They can't continue to shift them while that work's being done, otherwise it'll turn into a potential nightmare as they might not know where each car is when the upgrade work is completed :eek:

It'll be worth it in the end! And better that you get a pessimistic date to start with that, that can hopefully be improved on, than you get a date that ends up slipping and being later than expected :(

Steve

Mine was built last week.

Last I heard it was at docks at Czechyland. So I assume it is stuck there for a week then?? :thumbdwn:

dont think theres many docks..its landlocked..do they not ship by train/transporter to germany to VW's distribution point? Emden possibly as they have a facotyr there and its a big car export point

I think VAG bring them to the Tyne as they have a distribution facility on the north side of the river..though no doubt they must stop at other points

dont think theres many docks..its landlocked..do they not ship by train/transporter to germany to VW's distribution point? Emden possibly as they have a facotyr there and its a big car export point

I think VAG bring them to the Tyne as they have a distribution facility on the north side of the river..though no doubt they must stop at other points

Sounds like u know more than me. Dealer said it has been built but is yet to be shipped anywhere yet :mad:

I wonder where she is.... I hope she is not lonely......