any group buys for VAGCOM ?

sparky2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine from a UKMKIVs group-buy. Over 100 of us in quite possibly the largest forum group buy I've ever seen! Suffice to say it took some organising, but the result was a very good deal. Still a fair bit of money, but it's not half come in handy! And pleased I made the right decision with HEX+CAN, even though I had a Fabia at the time, so could have got the cheaper cable.

So worth checking some of the equally large/larger VAG forums too - I'm thinking specifically of SCN and UKMKIVs really.

Steve

I got mine the same time as Steve, there have been a few people showing an interest on the various forums most on MKIV's however don't seem interested in spending a couple of hundred quid on a fully supported interface so end up getting the eBay jobbies

I know Baz said he would never do it again as it right pain, but surely there must be someone who is prepared to do all the leg work? If it was put out to ALL the VAG forums then you might just get enough interest?

It was an epic undertaking and he did a superb job - but I'm not surprised one bit that he doesn't want to go through it all again :eek:

Especially with the people you'll always get when organising, expecting the earth.... :rolleyes:

To give some comparison, the UKMKIVs members paid £170 delivered IIRC, for the full HEX+CAN cables.

However, there's no guarantee at all that this level would be realised again, especially with the weaker exchange rate at the moment, the number of participants required for the GB to get this price and if Ross-Tech would even be willing to look discounting to this level for one huge order again :)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I Have PM'd Bruce ref a GB for mirco-can and hex-can. Awaiting a reply.

I have replied to your PM. Sorry for the delay. I was out of town when you PM'd me and then I have had difficulty getting into the forum. In truth, I have not had much time to read all the forums until today.

Thanks Bruce.

Foe everyone's info, best we can do is get a UK distributer to get involved unless we can gaurentee a large order direct with Ross-tech. We could do it I guess, if we hosted a GB and roped in other forums (cupra.net, Audi owners etc etc).

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

If this was spread over other forums, SCN, UK-MKIVS, Audi, GolfGTI etc then the numbers could be great.

Quite agree. This would be the only way of doing it IMO.

Due to the little one, finding less and less time to do stuff. If someone is able to contact UK distributers and get prices for set volumes, we could then approach our fellow VAG websites....

I said the same thing 2 months ago in #9 above:

I know Baz said he would never do it again as it right pain, but surely there must be someone who is prepared to do all the leg work? If it was put out to ALL the VAG forums then you might just get enough interest?

Obviously nobody fancied doing all the leg work though?