Now I'Ve Got The New Car, How To Dispose Of The Old One.

I collected the new Octavia 1.4 TSI on Saturday - but still got the old one. It's a X reg 2001 Octavia 1.9 SLX TDI and just clocked up a happy 100,000 miles. (I didn't trade it in for a few reasons).

Can anybody tell me the best way to move it on to a new happy home. I assume selling it privately would generate the best return but what would the other options bring ? Can you sell them to a second hand dealer or is sending it to auction the best bet ? Not sure what its worth now but a quick Glasses valuation should tell me that for a few pounds.

Advice from anybody happy to help.

or go into your local newsagents and look in parkers as the book also have the mileage adjuster. I would also look on autotrader and price it based on what seems a fair price between parkers and autotrader. Always worked in the past for me. Have to say though at the moment I've tried to sell my polo 3 times and so far its still here, whereas the saab sold straight away.

If you want it shifted quick then auction might be best but you wont get best price.

I collected the new Octavia 1.4 TSI on Saturday - but still got the old one. It's a X reg 2001 Octavia 1.9 SLX TDI and just clocked up a happy 100,000 miles. (I didn't trade it in for a few reasons).

Can anybody tell me the best way to move it on to a new happy home.
I assume selling it privately would generate the best return but what would the other options bring ? Can you sell them to a second hand dealer or is sending it to auction the best bet ? Not sure what its worth now but a quick Glasses valuation should tell me that for a few pounds.

Advice from anybody happy to help.

Yes let me look after it for you for free :smirk:

The used car market is reasonably healthy at the moment and we are finding that anything Diesel moves quite quickly. We just had an '03 Ibiza 1.9tDI with 74k on it that sold within 24 hours, and it wasn't particularly tidy or cheap either.

For private sellers you are likely to achieve a good price and prompt sales using Autotrader's web-only 2-week offer. You can describe it very fully on the web and provide a good selection of photos. Provided its not recorded (e.g. on vcar) then I promise you that car will go quickly.

When you get around to selling, I may be interested :)

And before you lot start, I want something that's gonna cost me nothing to run, so I can take the Golf off the road and prep for a re-spray.

When you get around to selling, I may be interested :)

And before you lot start, I want something that's gonna cost me nothing to run, so I can take the Golf off the road and prep for a re-spray.

bicycle.gif

• Like 1

Suresell - attached to British Car Auctions - is a possibility if you don't want the hassle of people coming to your door etc.

Put suresell into Google and have a look. I've never tried but there are people on the Honest John forum who have been pleased with it.