Who thinks Rage Against The Machine will beat X Factors Joe

justinbarrow

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done to everybody who bought..and more importantly well done to those people who bought it then made their own donation to shelter..this facebook group have raised nearly 70 grand for shelter..if ntohign else comes of it then its been worthwile for that.

I bought it...but then I have the original from 92 as well, good rock music doesnt date..Joe was 1 year old when this was originally released...it was great when I was 22 and it great now I'm nearly 40

What a sad thread :thumbdown:

Nothing will ever top The Darkness - "Don't Let The Bells End" - how clever was that, and to have kids singing in the video as well, totally oblivious to the real meaning :giggle:

I knew Rage would do it...this is a turning point as Mr Cowel has lost his grip on the xmas chart - what a result to have a "proper" musical artist at no 1 at xmas... Heres to next year i wonder what will be number one this time next year :wonder: lol

But does cowel not win both ways?

I heard he was also well into Sony and who are RATM's back cat with?

Etc etc. I think this is great don't get me wrong, but also in this age I suspect if anything its all going down very well at Cowel towers :)

But well done to the campaign it's worked, lets see it every week to remove the trash that is mass produced junk... to think they turned off analogue telly to make room for more tat.

But does cowel not win both ways?

I heard he was also well into Sony and who are RATM's back cat with?

tell me you are joking??

Cowells label SyCo are on Sony BGM as are RATM's label Epic.

Cowell does NOT own Sony BGM therefore makes NO money from ANYTHING that Epic make.

i'll also add that this did not result in a loss of sales for joe, if anything he would have sold more copies than normal with people trying to help him to number 1. so apart from a chart position, he hasn't lost a thing. anyone who wanted to buy joes album in the first place, still bought it.

Edited by KTP

It's not about the money SC won't make anyway, I don't know why people think it is ????

So what exactly was the point of it all ?

Lots of people have bought a crap song (whichever one they bought)

A bunch of Americans who very few people actually appreciate have made a killing (God Bless America................not)

An X-Factor winner has probably sold more copies than he would have had there not been a 'competition'

Simon Cowell, if he has got a finger in the RAGM camp has gained all ends up (and probably set it up in the first place)

Who's lost out ?

Yep - the British public

Nice one :thumbdown:

It's an awesome song, from an awesome band in isolation, and in comparison to this karaoke drivel, it's even better!

Sony own Epic (RATM's label) and SyCo (Cowels label)... it's hard to see how Cowel has profited from RATM sales?

RATM have a massive following, and rightfully so.