Level of vRS discounts post VAT promotion

Hi all,

Still debating whether or not to order a new vRS now (if I get close to the DTD quote) or wait until later in the year when I have some equity in my finance (im on a PCP plan that ends in November) Only thing is that I'm not sure what discounting will be available after the promotion.

Any ideas would be more than welcome. My car value would pay my finance off by end of March (so I could order right now for March) or wait until November where I would have 1500ish equity in the value of the car for p/x.

So many things to think about...

Still think I want the white vRS DSG estate...

I noticed the DtD prices went up a bit on new years eve, i reckon you should still get VERY close to their prices from a keen dealer :)

I'm hoping so, Rainsworth Skoda in Mansfield is only an hour away (although I've not heard anything from Richard since yesterday)

Wondering where else in the Midlands might get close to DtD prices.

Any ideas folks

I would not stress about it, I can't see the financial spending power in the UK picking up for a couple of years to come, it is a buyers market, has been since early last year. As has been mentioned finding a good dealer who is willing to give a good trade/deal is the way I will be getting my next Skoda. Definately not locally, there are plenty of dealers around the UK willing to win sales compared to my local Skoda outfit.

I'm hoping so, Rainsworth Skoda in Mansfield is only an hour away (although I've not heard anything from Richard since yesterday)

Any ideas folks

Try Progress Bedford on 01234 348242 and ask for Andrew or Peter.

They got within £250 of DTD price and also gave me a good P/X price on my ST

What are the rules for the end of Jan VAT deal?? When do they need to be registered, I assume it's only the order that needs to be placed to get the offer.

I should think it would have to be, as the buyer has no control over delivery times.

Website (if it can be believed) seems to back this up in the small print, mentioning orders taken by 31st January

http://www.skoda.co.uk/ourcars/offers.aspx?section=4#offer296

I certainly wouldn't sign an order without a clause in it to ensure I was covered either way.

Edited by Brimma

Any ideas folks

Try Chris Madison at Gordon Lamb Skoda 01246 221155, Rainworth couldnt touch the price he gave me for both my p/x and for my new VRs.

I would rec DtD to get the best price,but I'd never get a car from a dealer any sort of distance away, I very nearly found that out the hard way. The supplying dealer for me was not local, but if he had been say in the next county I'd be stuck with a faulty car. So, always worth bearing this in mind, just alway for 2 or 3 return trips to sort out niggles or whatever.

Have been along today, Kevin was very helpful and the other staff were very professional and laid back. They are happy to work alongside DtD prices but I still haven't got a quote on my car so haven't got the full picture yet.