What do we expect the changes to F1 will be this year?

Lady Elanore

Firstly, can I say this is not meant to be a thread about drivers and if anyone wants to have a pop at Schumacher or Button etc, can they start their own thread please.

So, what do we expect?

1) A new points system

It looks likely that F1 will adopt the MotoGP points system starting at 25 point for 1st, 20 for 2nd etc…….But they are already suggesting that they give 25 for first and 18 for second!

2) Drivers start on their Q3 tyres

Leading drivers will start the race on the tyres they use during Q3, therefore the slower drivers who drop out in Q1 and Q2 will still be able to change. It seems the teams have agreed to this, but it is not known if it will be implemented

3) Silverstone may run a new circuit layout called ‘Arena’. I think this is slightly different to the current one, having a different infield and wider start/finish straight, but it has not been agreed by the poisoned dwarf yet.

4) The funny diffuser jobbie has gone for this year

Oh and all the girls in Bikinis have been bandded and and being replaced by Firemen and Soldiers etc

Anybody heard any other bits of race gossip?

Edited by Lady Elanore

4) The funny diffuser jobbie has gone for this year

Oh and all the girls in Bikinis have been bandded and and being replaced by Firemen and Soldiers etc

How about a compromise; keep the brolly dollies, and replace the mechanics with firemen et al?

I liked the idea of having a chicane shortcut that you could use 3 times during the race.

All marshals to be Firemen

As a general rule, each marshal post will have at least one person who is trained to Fire Service standards in dealing with vehicle fires, at least one who is or could be qualified as a Paramedic, one other first aider, one who could qualify as a vehicle recovery operator, and a trainee or flagman. Don't denegrate the skills of marshalls (and remember I used to be one?)!

As a general rule, each marshal post will have at least one person who is trained to Fire Service standards in dealing with vehicle fires, at least one who is or could be qualified as a Paramedic, one other first aider, one who could qualify as a vehicle recovery operator, and a trainee or flagman. Don't denegrate the skills of marshalls (and remember I used to be one?)!

Sorry I have a sense of humour???????????

And please don’t tell me what to do Ken

I think it should have been apparent as a regular poster on motorsport that I have a very high regard for most of the people within the sport.

Shortcuts that are more dangerous, but will get you well into the lead.

Oil slicks.

Machine guns.

Vin Diesel.

Proper figure of 8 with no cross-over.

Seriously though. I like the idea of the MotoGP points scoring

I can't remember the exact details, but F1 have done a modification of the MotoGP scoring; I think starting 25, 18. Details were in Autosprout this week.

Get with the beat Baggy…..:D see my first post :D

I think the teams have agreed to allow it, but I don’t think that the FIA have agreed to use it yet.

Get with the beat Baggy…..:D see my first post :D

I think the teams have agreed to allow it, but I don’t think that the FIA have agreed to use it yet.

Going to try reading what I actually said? ;) Other than first place points and when you get down into single point drops, the proposed gaps in F1 are going to be different!

I thought points were going to be scrapped and Bernie was bringing in a 'Medal system' Gold for a win, Silver for 2nd and Bronze for 3rd. At the end of the season the person with the most Golds (wins) would be crowned champion. I can remember he tried to bring it in last year, (a month before the season started) but was told it was too late to chance at that stage.

Edited by Jim H

I'm not sure how to take Amanda's comment about us marshals. All Licensed Trackside marshals are trained how to put out a fire, with the exception of Post Chiefs/Observers and Flaggies. Even licensed Rally marshals are at training days (I was yesterday). I will also be putting a fire out later this month on the Race training day.

However, are you saying that on each marshals post there should be a big hunky fit marshal with a fireman's uniform on? ;):giggle: Or ones with helmets like they do in Monaco?

I'm not sure how to take Amanda's comment about us marshals. All Licensed Trackside marshals are trained how to put out a fire, with the exception of Post Chiefs/Observers and Flaggies. Even licensed Rally marshals are at training days (I was yesterday). I will also be putting a fire out later this month on the Race training day.

However, are you saying that on each marshals post there should be a big hunky fit marshal with a fireman's uniform on? emoticon-0105-wink.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gif Or ones with helmets like they do in Monaco?

Putting out fires is all well and good, but what do you look like in your uniform? A 6 pack is always a nice surprise :)

Oh and the Firemans clothing would preferably be open to the navel (I realise that might comprimise the firefighting ability of the marshell involved, but sometimes you have to suffer for you art..............or my pleasure :D )

I'd like to see Martin Brundle morph into Suzy Perry to make the pre-race interviews a bit easier on the eye, but it's not going to happen :(

How about if the Beeb employ the whole of Lee MacKenzie instead of just her right arm?