Recent Dealer Experiences

I use Savilles (nr Kidderminster) and find them to be excellent.

...and No I don't work there or have shares ! but I do appreciate good old fashioned service.

In the recent past I have had rubbish service from Ford, Mazda, Toyota & Seat dealers so when you get a good un you go back is one of my motto's !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rainworth skoda in mansfield 01623 623400. i have never brought a new car from them but all my parts i get from there and the salesmen are always busy and the stock is constently changin with a few vrs in there all the time. all i can say is give them a ring they mite just have what your looking for at the right price

I just got a quote from my local dealer on an Octavia vRS PD Hatchback in metallic for £17000, with free mats. List price minus VAT was about £17444 and without ,uch effort he was willing to take the £444 off to make it a round £17K. We did talk about the DtD price - £16288, but he did say they would make a loss at that price, I have no reason to doubt that. He also gave me a quote for a PCP on the 7.6% APR, 10% deposit scheme. It comares very favourably with the lease figures I have.

I have sent an email around four local North West dealers asking them to beat the figures - Simpsons, Preston and dealers in Bolton, Liverpool and Salford. I also have a figure for £15,895 for the same car from Forces Cars Direct, they have said I will not qualify for the cheap PCP finance offer at that price but am waiting for them to get back to me with the best PCP deal.

I drove a pre lifted CR vRS this morning, I was impressed, the engine was rapid and relatively quiet and it pulled very well, The interior is excellent and I was impressed with the Bolero Sound system. Usually driving Mercedes and BMWs, I would have no problem saying that the build quality is not that much different in the latest Skodas.

Edited by peterg1965

Try Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield, they matched my DtD quote, order to delivery 10 weeks

ur joking they matched the dtd quote? thats unbelievable,im phoning for a new vRS

Please confirm....pg220

Edited by roberto1954

I'd pretty much decided what I wanted to buy before contacting any dealers. When I phoned my local dealer, they didn't want to know about a test drive so I phoned the next closest dealer around 50 miles away. They were more than happy to arrange a test drive for that weekend. When I got there they just gave us the keys and said enjoy yourself so off we went. We agreed a deal when we got back.

I bought my car through the scrappage scheme with a £3.5k discount off list price so I was happy with that and didn't try to negotiate anything extra off the price.

I was concerned with the long lead times as my old car's MOT was due to expire around 11 weeks time which was about when the dealership estimated delivery. I really didn't fancy putting the old car through another MOT, so the dealership offered me the use of a loan car if my order was delayed beyond that point. As it happens it was, so after a bit of arm twisting the dealership made good on their offer and gave me a 2007 1.4TDi Fabia estate for 3 weeks - not bad for a loaner :thumbup:

Most of the communication during the 14 week wait was instigated by me until the last week or so before handover when the dealership were very good at keeping me informed (essential due to all the snow we had at the time). The handover itself was a little disappointing as the car was outside in the rain so it was just a case of sign the paperwork, here's the keys, enjoy your new car!

A couple weeks later the salesman phoned me to check I was happy with the car and to find out if there were any issues. I think I would have contacted them immediately if there were but still it was a nice touch :thumbup:

I got 30L of fuel in mine (as I lived some distance from the dealership), so more than enough to get me home. Some mats would have been nice, but I forgot to ask.

Overall, other than the disappointing handover which kind of flattened the whole experience of buying my first ever new new car, no complaints with the dealership I went with, but I was disappointed with my local dealership who just didn't seem bothered at all and it seemed too much trouble to arrange a test drive.

Try Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield, they matched my DtD quote, order to delivery 10 weeks

ur joking they matched the dtd quote? thats unbelievable,im phoning for a new vRS

Please confirm....pg220

I bought from Rainworth just before Christmas, they were slightly better than the DTD quote.

just done a DTD quote brand new vRS octy tdi £15967

£3870 discount ? thats amazing value

and rainworth skode did better??

Different spec to yours, but yes, they beat DTD, it was probably a "perfect storm", pre-price list, Vat reduced, pre-christmas & I knew the salesman.

But yes, beat DTD.

Edited by bandit1

I bought a new vRS in Oct 2008, right in the teeth of the biggest downturn the new car trade had seen. I'm Midlands based and tried a few dealers but their general lack of interest and ineptitude was staggering. I think if you go into a dealership knowing a bit about the car you want (its standard spec etc) and knowing the DtD price then you are a lot better informed than most salesmen! I'm just surprised that so many dealers are still in business, it just shows how uncompetitive the UK motor industry is.

I went to 3 Skoda dealerships: Hortons in Lincoln were very good, patient and tried VERY hard to match the price I had been offered. Rainworth Skoda were equally helpful, if anything more friendly and pleasant, if that was possible. I would recommend these 2 to anybody. However, the Nottingham dealer (can't even remember the name) was awful. The salesman was as dynamic as a wet week in Bridlington (sorry Bridlington residents, no offence!) and did not even know that the 0% was available on the vRS. When I told him the offers I had from elsewhere, he told me that he thought that they were incorrect and all but accused me of lying! Won't be going there again EVER!

I went to 3 Skoda dealerships: Hortons in Lincoln were very good, patient and tried VERY hard to match the price I had been offered. Rainworth Skoda were equally helpful, if anything more friendly and pleasant, if that was possible. I would recommend these 2 to anybody. However, the Nottingham dealer (can't even remember the name) was awful. The salesman was as dynamic as a wet week in Bridlington (sorry Bridlington residents, no offence!) and did not even know that the 0% was available on the vRS. When I told him the offers I had from elsewhere, he told me that he thought that they were incorrect and all but accused me of lying! Won't be going there again EVER!

:thumbup: Got mine from Hortons. Good service. Matched DTD price when ordered in August.

hi

where are these 2 good dealers, local ones to me arnt bothered ,either

if it means saving a fair few £££££s i dont mind travelling a few '00 miles

we like our family day outs .....

Family days out at the garages......now we're talking.

My girls don't trust my choice of family days out anymore.

http://www.hortonskoda.co.uk/red-hot-web-deals

• 4 weeks later...

Marlborough are my local dealer, and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them. The attitude of their sales manager was dismissive and far from professional (the other salesmen were fine). I went armed with the DTD price and was told point blank they couldn't get close to that price. The sales manager even told me that DTD contact them to get the best price, and so the price they quote on the web isn't valid. I went back a couple of times to see they could improve their offer but they weren't interested.

I spoke to DTD and was assured that the price they quote you 'is the most you'll pay'. As this price was a little over £3K less than what I'd been quoted by Marlborough I went ahead and ordered with them. Based on my research I was fairly sure that Skoda's bought through DTD are supplied by Marlborough, so it was no surprise when I was contacted by their sales manager a couple of days later. He even had the nerve to tell me he was disappointed I hadn't given him the chance to come back with a better price.

Bit of a bump to this thread I know, but my experience yesterday reminded me of your post. Ordered mine through Marlborough inDecember - I only dealt with them over tje phone, dealt with Mike - always very helpful, very courteous.

Its due to be ready in a week or two and I happened to be working in the area yesterday so thought I'd pop in to see if it was in, introduce myself to Mike etc. Admittedly in hindsight thenew reg day is not the best day for this sort of chat but as Mike was with a customer, a shorter chap asked me if I was ok. I explained my situation/who i was etc but he effectively told me to go away 'you best ring Mike in a couple of days, we're all flat out as its the 1st of March' (words to that effect). Seeing as it was nothing pressing I left them too it, but it really did get my back up. I can only asume by your description that I must have experienced the sales manager!

Just hope I don't have to deal with him come handover :)

Bit of a bump to this thread I know, but my experience yesterday reminded me of your post. Ordered mine through Marlborough inDecember - I only dealt with them over tje phone, dealt with Mike - always very helpful, very courteous.

Its due to be ready in a week or two and I happened to be working in the area yesterday so thought I'd pop in to see if it was in, introduce myself to Mike etc. Admittedly in hindsight thenew reg day is not the best day for this sort of chat but as Mike was with a customer, a shorter chap asked me if I was ok. I explained my situation/who i was etc but he effectively told me to go away 'you best ring Mike in a couple of days, we're all flat out as its the 1st of March' (words to that effect). Seeing as it was nothing pressing I left them too it, but it really did get my back up. I can only asume by your description that I must have experienced the sales manager!

Just hope I don't have to deal with him come handover :)

Can you have a look and see if there is a nice shiney new black vRS round the back when you go to get yours. Mines due in 2-3 weeks :clap:

As this thread has been revived I thought I'd let you know I did take one last trip to a local dealer (Startin Worcester) for a test drive of a pre-FL estate with DSG. They were the best dealer of the lot near me but were unable to match the DTD price and suggested I go with them, so I did!

I ordered a couple of weeks ago - the waiting begins. Delivery estimates are from 8 to 14 weeks so who knows when I'll see my Race Blue vRS Hatch with maxidot, spare, rear parking sensors and auto-dimming mirror!

Slightly "off topic" - but I am right in thinking that Drive the Deal source their vehicles from Marlborough Skoda in West London?

Just thinking aloud at the moment as I am in that area over the weekend and I don't suppose it would harm to ask if they would match a DTD price on a new Scout!

As this thread has been revived I thought I'd let you know I did take one last trip to a local dealer (Startin Worcester) for a test drive of a pre-FL estate with DSG. They were the best dealer of the lot near me but were unable to match the DTD price and suggested I go with them, so I did!

I ordered a couple of weeks ago - the waiting begins. Delivery estimates are from 8 to 14 weeks so who knows when I'll see my Race Blue vRS Hatch with maxidot, spare, rear parking sensors and auto-dimming mirror!

I tried Startin. Absolutely no interest in negotiating whatsoever. Nil..none! Colleague at work had exactly the same experience. I now own an Audi, who gave a very substantial discount.

Slightly "off topic" - but I am right in thinking that Drive the Deal source their vehicles from Marlborough Skoda in West London?

Just thinking aloud at the moment as I am in that area over the weekend and I don't suppose it would harm to ask if they would match a DTD price on a new Scout!

I can assure you its worth asking :) Just not their sales manager by the sounds of it!