Ditto.

Info & pics would be very useful.

4 wires:

Purple/grey with terminal: CAN (which pin?);

Brown: earth;

Grey/blue: illumination? Connect to adjacent switch;

Black/ grey: ?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the link which I had seen from a link on this forum.

However, rumour has it that the ABS pin allocation is different on Skoda cars.

Not sure if that is true or not.

So where do the wires go on a Skoda?

Only one I'm certain on is the brown one.

Fairly sure on the grey/blue one (illumination).

Confused on which pin to use on the ABS control module.

No idea on the black/grey one yet...

I know some of you know....

• 2 months later...

If you have the mk7 abs module I.e. without ESP and only ASR

The pin will go into pin7 in the ABS module.

That's what I'd heard as well (I have ASR only). Will have to find my ABS module and see how many pins its got.

Just received mine today from skodateile i will be fitting it next week. I will let you know.

Can you PM me details of your install once complete please? would like to do this on my Scout.

I believe it may be possible to enable TPMS without the button and wiring (I have VCDS to reset the system) but I am not sure on the coding for this, so if you could send a copy of the coding/VCDS scan for your car that would be helpful.

Cheers,

And.

It is possible on most Octavia's (coding has been documented in another thread on this forum).

The button essentially gives you an easy way to reset the ABS settings without having to resort to getting VCDS hooked up.

It is possible on most Octavia's (coding has been documented in another thread on this forum).

The button essentially gives you an easy way to reset the ABS settings without having to resort to getting VCDS hooked up.

Have seen the coding documented for most versions, but not come across the coding for the 4x4 Octy which uses a different version of the ABS pump I believe.

Have seen the coding documented for most versions, but not come across the coding for the 4x4 Octy which uses a different version of the ABS pump I believe.

Sorry. Didn't twig Scout = 4x4...

Sorry. Didn't twig Scout = 4x4...

No problem, just having a scout to traverse building sites etc. it would be nice to have early warning when leaving if a tyre has picked up something undesirable.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you PM me details of your install once complete please? would like to do this on my Scout.

I believe it may be possible to enable TPMS without the button and wiring (I have VCDS to reset the system) but I am not sure on the coding for this, so if you could send a copy of the coding/VCDS scan for your car that would be helpful.

Cheers,

And.

Still troubleshooting the issue.

Not sure if this will be useful to anybody, but I have recently installed the Tyrepal 1000 system to my Scout. They had it on offer for £115.

You attach the sensors to the tyrevalves and they connects wirelessly to a reader that you can place anywhere in the car. I have it attached to one of the airvents. I had initial issues with it occasionally not recognising one of the sensors, but after I fitted fresh batteries (supplied by the company after I emailed them about it) it has been working fine and dandy.

It is quite customisable, BAR, PSI, C or F. The display flashes and a buzzer sounds when a tyre goes beyond the parametres you have set.

It does not negate you still checking your tyres every week as I had screw embedded in the tread, but as no air was escaping, the sesnors obviously couldn't detect it, but it did detect the slow puncture I had last week!

Fin

• 1 year later...

Hi, im going to do the same procedure on my Octavia MY 08 with ESP. Could you tell me what pin on the ABS module should i look for? As Ive read above for ABS with ASR this is pin7, but i couldnt find info about my case. Is there something else I should look for ?